Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 375 Deluxe, Amber Flamed Maple

Hey everyone,

Just snatched one off GC used for $324.00. Looks like it is in great shape, cannot wait until the end of the week. This will be the 4th guitar I have bought from them used. The last time, it was a ESP MH-327 for $265.00. According to the guy I spoke with, the frets have little wear and the Schaller doesn't look like it has much use.

The info I have dug up so far on the 375 Deluxe with the maple cap and trans/amber finish is that it was not as common as the solid colors. I have a gray chainsaw case I have had for 25 plus years, so I think I have all bases covered.

Even if it needs some work, I finally have a model guitar to play with now. I will provide pics when it gets here.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

I have only ever seen (in person) that finish.
    In fact, I remember asking if they came in any other color --- so everyone posted pics of their solids. lol

And as to your case -- again, we've had this chat a couple times too.
    Your case may or may not work. They aren't all created equal. That's because not all of the guitars are the same spec.

Comment

Understand about the case, been around here a lonnnng time, lol. I didn't mention what I found in the case, an old Series 10 Charvel copy. body was crap plywood, but I pulled the 22 fret neck and gotoh tuners for future use by someone, lol. Actually a really nice maple neck and decent board and frets.

Comment

1st, sorry no pics yet, will get them when I get it back from the shop this week.

Arrived Thurs afternoon. GC needs to have their heads examined the way they pack used gear, one wrap of bubble wrap and 20 something peanuts inside the box. Trem arm still attached, etc. Guitar is in pretty good shape, since it is one of the maple capped models, the edges of the body are chipped down to the wood in two spots about 1/2 long, and one small dent in the front of the guitar.

There is a small dent in the neck around the 12 fret, but towards the top back of the neck. The only time I can feel it is when the thumb goes over the top, but I don't play much that way.

Guitar was set up with the trem raised up off the body just about as far as you can raise it, lol. WTF. Upon close inspection after doing a quick setup, high e and b were fretting out 1st fret.

Did the ole quick business card trick on the treble side and lowered the trem, adjusted the claw, etc. Needs a fret crown/polish, so off to the store, as well as a ground issue with the pups and a bad volume pot.

Schaller trem is in great shape, neck is straight, truss rod good, tuners good, really just the usual stuff you would expect from a 25 year old guitar. When we took the neck off at the shop, found a piece of sandpaper in the neck pocket, looked like it had been there forever, maybe a factory quick neck shim??? LOL.

The real thing everyone is wondering is how does it play? Even with the issues and needing a crown and polish, plays like butter. Once the frets are done and the ground issue fixed, new strings/setup, will be excellent.

Fits perfect in the gray chainsaw case I have had for 25 years just hanging around. Overall pretty happy.

Now all I have to do is keep my eyes open for a hardtail 750xl or pristine model six. It looks like ebay isnt the place to shop for those. Lots of folks here have them, just a matter of time before something hits the classifieds, just some wishful thinking, lol.

Comment

The real thing everyone is wondering is how does it play? Even with the issues and needing a crown and polish, plays like butter. Once the frets are done and the ground issue fixed, new strings/setup, will be excellent.
          Amazing what even a quick couple of adjustments can do.

Now all I have to do is keep my eyes open for a hardtail 750xl or pristine model six.
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-19...item3f506c5620
          Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I have the pics up on facebook.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204545941988559&set=pcb.101528567 19460378[/URL]

Comment

Working...
            X