Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A yes or no question.

Hello there,
    Newbie with his virgin post. I have a Charvel Desolation Star...I was in the right place @ the right time & got it for $230.00 in " Mint " condition. I need a case. A good fitting one. I'm looking @ this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKB-1SKB-63-...item5b0e1a9d8e
    Yey or Ney ????......Someone once told me not to bother with a case, I'd just end up selling it....That was almost 3 years ago......I know it's chinese, but for $230.00. I've got NO complaints.....And my JS32 Charvel will be here on Tues... Nice to be a part of this group....

That's the same case as the one my Star came in, perfect fit.

I'm more of a Jackson guy, so I gotta ask, what's a JS32 Charvel? A mutt?

Comment

don't think that case will fit because O think the front bottom horn on the charvel isn't as angled as an explorer (never had the two side by side but it always looked that wasy to me).....isn't a js32 a jackson??

Comment

My goof, Virgin mistake. Yes the JS-32 is a Jackson. Snow White W\a maple fretboard. So, the SKB-1SKB-63 is the right call. Thanks Force,,,
        Last edited by ososob; 06-28-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Not sure on that number, it looks just like mine, let me check when i get home from work before you jump on it, I'll get bwck to ya later

Comment

IIRC, the Star is actually based on the Destroyer dimensions, which are not as wide as the Gibson Explorer, so an Explorer case will hold a Star (I've got an Explorer case that holds WRMGs just fine).

Though you might find issue with the long rear wing - since it's not as wide as an Explorer, a molded case might force the whole thing to lean forward. But if the case is cheap enough, it's nothing a carpet knife won't fix.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No idea what the 1SKB-63 means, mine has a latch that says TSA-002, can't tell from the pics on ebay but the case looks identical. I think you'll be fine.

Comment

Thats just the SKB case model #. Does look identical to the TSA-002.

Comment

My DK2 case has TSA-002 on it as well, so ignore that.

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...hardshell-case

Review #3 gives it 5 stars for his Star...

Comment

Saw that. Thanks Spawn..

Comment

Working...
                      X