model 5fx what it worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 5fx what it worth

I have a Pearl white 87 5 fx with chain saw case my nephew wants to buy it what the range these go for? Thanks John.

Somewhere in the $500 - $700 range. Seems like some of the crackle finish ones are selling at the higher end these days.

Comment

What's the serial on that? Unless I'm mistaken, the 5FX didn't come about until towards the end of 1988.
      -Rick

Comment

They are hard to find because only 200 or so were produced so I think $300 to $600 depending on condition.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

They were converted from standard inventory that hadn't been selling well, so 87 is possible.

Price really depends on finish and condition. Minty firecrackle 5As and 5FXs fetch top dollar. The rest $400-$600?
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah it's mint I've own it for about 20 years. It has a JT6 on it that why I have not played it much.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              They are hard to find because only 200 or so were produced so I think $300 to $600 depending on condition.
              I thought it was the other way around ? Only 200 5A's produced ? Ahhhhhhhhhh, probably doesn't matter. I'll bet the number of 5FX's produced is probably pretty similar to the number of 5A's. Over the years, I've seen about the same number of each on eBay. As Zeno said, 5FX's were just 5A's converted in Ft. Worth after the 5A's didn't sell that well.

Comment

Comment

Well I told him that I'ld sell it to him ( my Nephew ) for $350.

Comment

And that's a fair price for a really decent guitar.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just picked up a Cobalt Blue Model 5 (HH config, obviously not a 5fx) for $200. And no, it wasn't a lucky find. The darn thing hadn't sold in over a year maybe even two. I think it started at $450 and just kept dropping in price every time it was relisted. Until finally I drove through the area and bought it.

Others may deny what I am about to say, but I have seen the prices (and interest) really drop lately.
                      Worth every penny, but no one wants them except for us.

As to the family pricing:
                      I would have just given it to my nephew and gave him a stern finger pointing about taking care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                        Yeah it's mint I've own it for about 20 years. It has a JT6 on it that why I have not played it much.
                        Silliest reason for not playing a guitar.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Silliest reason for not playing a guitar.
                          Especially since some of us like the JT6

Comment

I never like the JT6 this guitar also has EMG's (81 & SA).It's a great guitar but I have my 85 Custom soloist (with a Floyd) that's my #1.

Comment

Yes I got it wrong its a 88 5fx Ser. #C 802512.The # is below the 24 fret like Jackson's.
                              Last edited by jtr; 04-04-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X