Model 2 body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 2 body

Picked up a what looks like an 88 model 2 at the Cinci guitar show today and can't say I ever saw one routed like this.
    Had a JT-6 top mount trem on the guitar but the route looks funny like it has an up pull route that looks original to the guitar.
    Marked 2 in the neck pocket like the 86 -88's.
    I thought modded from a Kahler 2500 trem but no indication that the trem studs have been moved.
    Any one have one like this?
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I bought the guitar for the neck which I think may be a USA Charvel neck because the profile is deff not an import profile neck.
    Has a flat D shape profile more like a USA Charvel or SD Jackson neck.
    In the process of removing some paint that was applied over the face of the head stock.
    I hope to find a Gold Charvel logo under it.

Comment

May use this neck on it still not sure I kinda like black and maple/no dots.
      With this neck a double creme DiMarzio super D would look great.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by straycat; 03-30-2015, 01:25 AM.

Comment

It could be a change made at the very end of the model series. I know 3drs had that pull up route.

Comment

Very well could be Rich.
          The JT-6 clears just fine if you up pull.

Comment

Stuck it all back together and it deff does not suck
            Attached Files

Comment

Cool guitar. Hard to say whats up with the neck, but the local guitar tech guy was showing me an old Charvette that he was fixing up. Might have been his first guitar, etc. He was removing paint to redo the headstock and underneath the Charvette logo was a Charvel factory logo... like the neck was intended for a much nicer model? Strange, but he was very happy about it.

Comment

This one has been re logo'd so I think its an 89-90 era neck because its a slimmer neck profile than a model series neck.
                Its the same profile as most of my USA SD plated Jacksons which is just fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                X