Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvette with one HB and FR but no locking nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette with one HB and FR but no locking nut?

Hi guys,

new to the board, this is my first post here! So: Hello all!!!

One offered me a Charvette, don't know the model, but the specs are as above. It has got chrome tuners, but black tremolo, the serial no. is 6 digits and the dots are close (Japan). It has no locking nut but the trussrod cover is not original, so I can't see, if the locking unit behind the nut is just removed.

It goes for about 150 Euro (160 Dollars), but I have to buy it "blind", just from the pictures, because it is too far to look at before purchase. What do you think?

Greetz
    cosmo

My first guess is that the neck & body aren't original to each other. It could be a Charvel Model 1 or 2 body with Charvette neck, or some other body. Can you post any pictures or a link so we can see the guitar?

Comment

That was my first guess too. I put a link in later, it wont work with my mobile.

Comment

Okay, here we are:

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeige...447?ref=search

But I think 149 Euro is way too much, so I won't get it!

Comment

Sorry, the link didn't work, because it was an offer. But here is a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            My first guess is that the neck & body aren't original to each other. It could be a Charvel Model 1 or 2 body with Charvette neck, or some other body. Can you post any pictures or a link so we can see the guitar?
            I would say this is probably about right....pretty sure the charvettes only came with the charvette neck plate.

I agree $150 is probably to much for a korean charvette neck......there is a charvette on sale where I live and I am really tempted because it is one of the very rare ones that were japanese made

Comment

Look at this Charvette in Germany..
              http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeige...843?ref=search

Comment

Charvel Model 2 body with Charvette neck. In my opinion, it's well worth the money if you don't mind having "Charvette" on the headstock. All it needs is a string lock, and it should be a great playing guitar.

Comment

Didn't buy it. But now I have a Jackson PS2 in Trans Blue, that I will get next week. I think it is MIJ because TB was not available on Korean mades.

Comment

Working...
                  X