Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Charvel So Cal MIJ Japan Snow White NOS

Finally it happened.

In 2012, undecided between a Charvel So Cal and a Jackson DK2, while some stores still had some stock of these MIJ models, I bought the Jackson instead (I could not buy 2 guitars...).

After this decision, the idea of a So Cal never left me, as I really wanted a Superstrat with maple fretboard. And Charvel brand brings me back memories from the 80s where most of metal players were using Jackson/Charvel guitars.

After production moved to Mexico, I was a bit skeptical about these vs MIJ ones (as everyone raved about the MIJ models and MIM never got that much attention and "mojo").

So I found a NOS Snow White one... Money was tight, and an used Ibanez RG550 also entered the equation. But I already my fair share of Ibanez guitars (Jem's and Universe) and Charvel would be at least a different vibe and model and not another "pointy" RG style guitar.

So I bought it!

And oh man... All the reviews and comments I've heard about the neck are true! I don't know how to express it... But It's an UNBELIVEABLE, AWESOME neck! I have some high-end USA and MIJ Jackson's and Ibanez, and this Charvel neck is imply AWESOME! It literally plays by itself and it fits perfectly in my hands.

So far, still in honeymoon phase, this is a amazing guitar at a great price!

Everybody knows how the look like, but here are some crappy cell phone pics on a hurry:

Perfect - nice score! Kind of an Adrian Smith/JakeELee vibe goin on. Love it.

Comment

Thanks!

The white with black pickguard shure looks classy as hell, and it's the color I always wanted on these

But.................... now that I finally have the white one, I don't know... The more I look at the red Ferrari color with the black pickguard, it keeps growing on me (it wasn't for sale, though)!

Don't get me wrong, love the classy white-black I just got (it looks classy, conservative but cool), but that red one is constantly popping in my mind (it looks HOT) and I'm kinda thinking I could just wait and see if some used one would appear on ebay (EU)...

Oh well... Damn GAS!

Comment

Congrats man, a beauty and I been looking for one of these myself!

Comment

Beautiful! Always wanted a white one, ill have to treat myself one day soon!

Comment

Congrats on your new old MIJ Charvel SoCal.

I was blown away by the neck on my MIJ San Dimas when I 1st picked it out of the rack at the store too.

I've been on the look out for a SoCal myself, congrats again! :-)

Comment

very nice congrats!
              I know what you mean the necks on these play like butter.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
              X