Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel with only one volume control and 4 toggle switch Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel with only one volume control and 4 toggle switch Model?

I found a Charvel on the web with only one volume control and 4 toggle switch can you identify the model? It´s a customizad guitar? I tried to find a simlar one in http://charvelusa.com/models.html with unsuccessfully. I hope you can help me.

without better pictures, it's hard to say. If the routs and toggles look original, it could be an import neck on a US body.

But I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a modified Model 2. I reckon someone has routed out the 2 single coil pickups and added the toggles. I'm not sure that they ever used that behind-the-nut locknut with a JT6, so it could still be a mutt
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Could be a mark but looks like a repaired crack if you look close at the 4th and 6th pics?
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        I'm not sure that they ever used that behind-the-nut locknut with a JT6, so it could still be a mutt
        They sure did use that locknut with the JT6. Had it on my Model 6 and Model 5A. I don't know what the guitar is here, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
          Could be a mark but looks like a repaired crack if you look close at the 4th and 6th pics?
          I agree, it seems to be a crack! too bad for the guitar indeed.

Comment

It's a Model 2 that someone added two single coils too. I'd bet the four switches are on/off for each pickup and a single/humbucker switch for the bridge. As for the neck it looks cracked and never repaired because it looks like dirt found it's way into the crack. All said it looks like a project that I'd pass on.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              They sure did use that locknut with the JT6. Had it on my Model 6 and Model 5A. I don't know what the guitar is here, though.
              cool. Thanks Joe
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I tend to agree with the common thoughts of it being a butchered Model 2, routed for single coils, correct locking nut and cracked neck.
                The price for it would have to be pretty cheap, could be made into a "player" guitar, but if its value if sold in parts would doubtfully even reach $150 to $200 on a good day...

Why mess with it, when there's a lot of more clean original 87-88 Model series guitars out there from the $300 to $600 range that might actually be worth more someday once "everyone else" realizes how great the Gakki made Charvels are.

Funny thing is that I've sold USA Stratocasters for four or five times the value of the el cheapo Model 1A, which played, sounded and just plain blow away every "Plus & Deluxe" Strat I've sold for a grand or more, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X