Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My "I don't know what it is" Charvel Model, also, new to the forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "I don't know what it is" Charvel Model, also, new to the forum.

Hi Guys! I am new to the forum, been reading some threads before. Hope I get to know you guys, and make friends here!

This is my Charvel! (and my kramer)

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

At first it looks like a Model3, but than it has the 3 pickup switches, instead of a 3-way switch. And when I take a look inside the pickguard, surpirese!
    The neck pickup routing has finish on it, but the others are bare wood, looks like someone did some butchering on it...
    That volume pot hole is certainly no factory job!

And than the pickup, nothing written on it, can it be a J90C? How can I make sure?

I already ordered a new Kahler Killer for the guitar. See if it gets better. Hope you guys have a clue.

Thank you!

It looks to be an '86 model 2 with added single routes and pickguard added. These were originally single hum one volume. All that other stuff (switches) were added.

Comment

I guess this is a charvel disaster. Can at least the pickup still be the J-90C?

Comment

+1 to what plon said. A 1986 Model 2. No idea of what those pickups are. Not a J90C.

Also, the reason why the trem isn't working right is that the trem isn't on the trem posts correctly. I don't know how many times I've seen this, but the top of the trem posts are the "blades" that fit inside trem blade groves.

This axe looks oddly familiar.

Comment

I think I made a bad deal hehehe
          They floyd is not set correctly after I messed with it myself, to remove the pickguard and see what's beneath... I ordered the 2710 from wammyworld, almost the price of the guitar itself.
          The guitar was not sounding good unplugged... I thought it was because it was bad treated, has the nut too low, bridge not set up well, and a lower quality kahler... I thought of giving the guitar a chance, but this means spending money on it...
          Last edited by Daniel Sam; 08-22-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Thank you plon and DonP for the help

Comment

Fixed the trem posts issue, thank you DonP!

Comment

The guitar sounds better... well... could it have been it? the guitar was dead sounding, now it's not...
                Hey guys forgive my ignorance... and thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                X