I tried to buy a Wildcard #7 today / The dealers are now drop shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to buy a Wildcard #7 today / The dealers are now drop shipping

I tried to buy a new Primer scream today but the customer service at several dealers was piss poor and less then honest. Like with all guitars I buy I requested thw weight of the guitars they had and a few pictures. I was told by three different dealers that they could not help me because their wherehouse stock is not readily available. When I asked if that was because they are drop shipping from Fender they said they did not know? W/F does that mean?

Drop shipping means they don't have it in stock. You buy from them, they buy it from Fender, and they tell Fender to ship it to you instead of them.

Comment

I know what drop shipping is. What I was getting at is the fact that these dealers advertise something as being in stock and readily available when it is not. I had to ask them if they were drop shipping since all three dealers gave me the same reply. No pictures or weights since they really do not have the guitars in their stores.

Comment

They dont have "stores". They have large warehouses, and a sales operator is not going to be going out into the warehouse, having one of the guys pick the guitar from some rack, bring it back, completely unbox it, weigh it, pack it back up, give it back to the guy to put it back on the shelf. Chances are that the sales operator isnt even in the same state as the warehouse. It just wouldnt be cost effective for a company like that to be able to check anything out. Its cheaper for them to take a chance on it, if youre not happy, youll return it. Just they way it is from big online retailers.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X