Floyd Drop In For '87 Model 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Drop In For '87 Model 4?

I just bought a '87 with the Licenced Floyd, not Kahler. Looks a bit tatty by now and the trem arm was lost.
    So i was looking at the Schaller, Gotoh and OFR to replace it. They are not cheap either. Are any of them a direct drop in for the existing Jackson/Charvel floyd?

JT-6 trem is a fine trem but a floyd will drop in.
    Ibanez arm will fit the JT-6.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Most pirate Sam Ash have the Ibanez arms for $20, yet all other arms are $10. Assholes.

Comment

You can repalce the hole fitting on the JT6 with the collar bar fitting anf arm for like under 30 bucks. I've done this on a few of mine and it worked fine. Or any OFR or licenced Floyd will retro fit.So will the Tacheuchi Trem. (aka allparts TRS101)
        Gil

Comment

While some are fine with the JT-6, I didn't love mine. I switched to a German-made OFR and never looked back. Aesthetically and functionally it's far superior (especially with a big brass block, IMHO). Your only concern will be the trem posts, the stock ones work but for full range of motion you'll want replacements from Dave at Fretsonthenet.net.
          Last edited by SausageofPower; 04-16-2012, 03:42 PM. Reason: "Some," not "come." ME TYPE ENGLISH GOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
            While come are fine with the JT-6, I didn't love mine. I switched to a German-made OFR and never looked back. Aesthetically and functionally it's far superior (especially with a big brass block, IMHO). Your only concern will be the trem posts, the stock ones work but for full range of motion you'll want replacements from Dave at Fretsonthenet.net.
            +1 but I believe you can put a brass block on a JT-6 too.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              +1 but I believe you can put a brass block on a JT-6 too.
              I've heard of eBay salesmen, but I haven't seen a site carry them. That doesn't mean that they don't exist, of course.

Comment

I put an OFR on my model 4. Get the trem posts from Dave at frets on the net, they are worth it. I got a big block too. If you do go for an OFR, make sure you get one with a 42mm block or upgrade to a 42mm big block.

Comment

I should add that my old trem posts were really worn

Comment

Working...
                  X