X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Series Neck-Thru's Bring Big Bucks

This one kind of surprised me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

Model 5's, 6's and 750XL's(set-neck) have been on a tear lately which is amazing in this crappy economy.

Yeah, but theres a messed up model 5 on the bay right now thats kinda cheap. I think it starts at $200. Its got the case too if I remember correctly. The one you posted has the firecrackle going for it too.

Comment

Thats a cool 5FX.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Guess it's a good thing I backdoored this. I already had the OFR and pickups laying around. I went with a J90C and am SD hotrails neck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220947748411...84.m1497.l2649

Comment

Those firecrackles are awesome, and a little bit rare especially in good shape... That one went pretty high, kinda surprised...
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

My name is Derek and its great to meet you guys. I was rather surprised how much these have been going for too. I was the highest bidder and had to pay for this thing. lol. This 5fx cost me $200 more then i expected to pay but this thing was calling my name. I had to have this and a nice fire crackle model 6. The tremolo is a German Floyd Rose which saved me a few bucks because I would have upgraded the JT-6 to a German Floyd Rose anyways so this worked out great.

Whats kinda odd is that this model 5fx is partially routed for the trem. It is a 1988 model. When I first seen the listing I thought the trem routing was done by the previous owner. I almost passed it up. Then I started googling pictures and found another 5fx with trem routing. Once I seen another photo on google with that type of trem routing I knew it was factory done and this might be a possible rare 5fx guitar. Does anyone know how many model 5fx were routed for the tremolo?

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY72 View Post
              My name is Derek and its great to meet you guys. I was rather surprised how much these have been going for too. I was the highest bidder and had to pay for this thing. lol. This 5fx cost me $200 more then i expected to pay but this thing was calling my name. I had to have this and a nice fire crackle model 6. The tremolo is a German Floyd Rose which saved me a few bucks because I would have upgraded the JT-6 to a German Floyd Rose anyways so this worked out great.

Whats kinda odd is that this model 5fx is partially routed for the trem. It is a 1988 model. When I first seen the listing I thought the trem routing was done by the previous owner. I almost passed it up. Then I started googling pictures and found another 5fx with trem routing. Once I seen another photo on google with that type of trem routing I knew it was factory done and this might be a possible rare 5fx guitar. Does anyone know how many model 5fx were routed for the tremolo?
              Hey Derek. I don't know the answer to you question, but if you looked at my firecrackle 5FX, you'd notice it's the same as yours. This is the transition route, allowing you to pull up more on the trem, but still before the full recessed route.

Oh, and thanks for making my guitar skyrocket in value!

Comment

These things are highly under-rated and are the best metal guitars for under a grand. These model 5's and 6's crush the new import jacksons. I rather play my model 5fx or model 6 then my usa kv2 or either one of my sl3mg's. The closest thing to an old late 80's Jackson soloist there is. I like the raised tremolo,42mm sustain block and fire crackle finish on these things is awesome. Everyone says they should sell for $500. Well $400 to $500 nowadays buys korean or chinese junk. A rare guitar in a rare finish that hardly no one has with a German Floyd Rose is NOT junk. I paid what the thing should be worth. if people wanna sell theirs for $400 or $500... START LISTING THEM!!!! I know youll regret it cause you wont find jack shit in that price range to replace it.
                Last edited by DIRTY72; 04-10-2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

This is good news, I have a clean model 6 about to go on the block

Comment

That is good news!

Comment

I have a pair of Model 6's. I like my 5FX and my 550XL, but the 6's seem more finely crafted, and have slimmer necks. I like the tone of the one I rebuilt with a J80C in the bridge, but the one with the stock J50BC I'm still getting used to.

My 5FX firecrackle has the German OFR but I like the JT6 and still have those on my 6's even though I have a stockpile of German OFR's.

Comment

Hi its been a time since I here at jcfonline.com I have a white neckthroght Charvel. I was watching USA Ebay and this purple one sold for more than status of other models. Would this be a correct amount of worth for these with this color?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140677222370

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                        This one kind of surprised me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

Model 5's, 6's and 750XL's(set-neck) have been on a tear lately which is amazing in this crappy economy.

Comment

Holy crap. I have a super clean "purple" one I was gonna sell for $600 usd

Comment

Originally posted by darkshredder View Post
                            Hi its been a time since I here at jcfonline.com I have a white neckthroght Charvel. I was watching USA Ebay and this purple one sold for more than status of other models. Would this be a correct amount of worth for these with this color?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140677222370
                            darkshredder,

I bought a mint red Model 6 in Guitar Center (not known for good deals) for $499 in February. The case is stinky / smokey but that's it. I think this is more the "correct amount". On ebay, you can list a guitar for a stupid amount of money, and eventually if you wait long enough you will find someone stupid enough to buy it.

A fool and their money are soon parted.

Comment

ebay item... 140711568190

Comment

Working...
                              X