No announcement yet.

New ProMod, Failure #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well number 4 showed up yesterday,several small scratches on the front, on the back It looks like the body had some dents in the wood that are under the finish, you cant feel them but you can see the blemish in the finish. I either have the worst luck in the world or quality has dropped alot. I give up, I really wanted one but I think I will just go with the cs order now, bummer.
    Last edited by titan7; 03-16-2012, 01:09 PM.
    750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

Comment

Did you piss off you delivery guy..??

There's vids..viral vids of crazy, rabid delivery sonsbitches...

Remember the intro of the first Ace Ventura..to the Steve Stevens tune. Yeah that!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

These are not ups issues, theses are qc issues. I am picky, but a factory new guitar should not have any scratches or Blemishs in the finish. Used guitar in exc cond may have a few light hairline scuffs in the clear coat but nogo on new, or sell if at used price.
        750XL Cherry Sunburst
        375DX Metallic black
        Model 2 blue
        Model 2 Red
        Gibson Les Pauls
        PRS SC-250

Comment

Bad news, man. A run of four duds does suggest something more than bad luck. As these will come from an ever shrinking pool of remaining guitars, perhaps some have already been out and returned or are ex-display? Bummer.
          http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

Sorry to hear #4 didn't work out either.

I got my #2 delivered last week. Turns out there were small blotches or scratches in the paint on the front of the guitar. Hardly noticeable unless you hold it a certain way in the light. But I swore it looked like a used guitar. Still trying to decide what to do. I may keep it since this is purely cosmetic and it plays like a champ. If these were readily available and still in production I'd probably return it and try again, but no one has these in stock anymore.

Comment

I gave up. I will just go with the CS I am ordering, since I want Robins Egg blue the Candy blue would be too similar. What a shame, they are are great price but after replacing PUPs with zebras, and adding rings it's getting up to $1100.00. and at that point I would rather have the CS exactly how I want it. I know there are some Ferriai red ones floating around but after 4 with issues plus the other 3-4 with issue people on the forum have received, I give up. Hell $250 Squire Strats at GC did no have the finish issues I had with these Pro-Mods.
              750XL Cherry Sunburst
              375DX Metallic black
              Model 2 blue
              Model 2 Red
              Gibson Les Pauls
              PRS SC-250

Comment

Working...
              X