NGD: Charvel 375 in da house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Charvel 375 in da house.

here she is....... damn nice guitar. I really like these toothpaste charvels. the color looks more gold in person than silver. its kind of a 70's bass boat or dune buggy kind of heavy metal flake.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

I think I am going to put a Duncan JB in it. I am probably going to search around my guitar room and see what I have to trade and see if anyone wants to swap for one.

Comment

Nice. I second the JB.

Comment

That's killer! Is that the original pup minus the cover in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          That's killer! Is that the original pup minus the cover in there?
          I assume its the original, its a J90 pickup, I checked it. sticker is still on the bottom. did all of them have covers originally? cuz those ones I have with covers look different when you take the covers off, as in they dont look completely finished, the poles were black instead of silver, etc....

Comment

TM that looks wild in that color. I'll bet it looks killer in the sun. Don't stand next to the lake playing it, you might bag a large mouth bass....lol

Comment

Love the sparkle finishes. Great looking guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by MODEL5FX View Post
                TM that looks wild in that color. I'll bet it looks killer in the sun. Don't stand next to the lake playing it, you might bag a large mouth bass....lol
                no shit! thats what I was thinking....... if it had some treble hooks hanging from it, it would look like a big Rapala lure. I saw a girl in a bar once like that. She was wearing a sparkly slut dress, silver and black zebra striped, but sparkly. Me and a few guys were checkin out the chicks and I saw her and said "wow, if she had a few treble hooks hangin from her boobs she would look like a fishing lure" my buddy spit his beer all over the table and started choking.

Comment

That was my old guitar.
                  The pickup is original and from what I can tell, it never had a cover.
                  If I recall correctly, this one is actually an '89 model and not a '90 or '91.
                  The '89's didn't have a pickup cover.
                  -Rick

Comment

it also does not have that huge oversize pickup ring like most do. I cant figure that one.

Comment

89 would have had a small script logo 90 on up had the large logo.
                      90 on up had uncovered humbuckers and small rings.
                      If it has just an up pull trem route and not a recessed it would be a transitional model IMO
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So the J90's not getting the job done? I loves me the J90 variants.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          So the J90's not getting the job done? I loves me the J90 variants.
                          its not bad...... I havent abandoned it yet. I am going play it some more, but I just love the nuances a JB delivers. I am thinking I will start looking for one. maybe I will put some stuff I dont use up for trade here in the classifieds, see if someone has a JB laying around. or look for a used one. I just like the sound of a JB. for my tastes and the style of music I play, its the schiznit. it just fits.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            89 would have had a small script logo 90 on up had the large logo.
                            90 on up had uncovered humbuckers and small rings.
                            If it has just an up pull trem route and not a recessed it would be a transitional model IMO
                            There you go.

According to the 1989 catalog scans, the 375 Deluxe had the same size logo as the 90/91 model.

I figured 89 or possibly transitional piece since the Platinum finish was no longer listed as an option on the 90/91 models.
                            Last edited by rjohnstone; 03-08-2012, 11:52 AM.
                            -Rick

Comment

Working...
                            X