new to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the site

hi, i'm new to this site, i've got a sol cal, had it for about a year or so and have been looking for an older
    charvel, ideally a model 4 or 5. i recently came across what i think is a 1988 model 8. just wondering
    if anyone could shed some light on these guitars, its the first one i've seen for sale and don't know much about them. any info would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the site. This is a good online resource with a lot of information. You may find it helpful.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...apan_1986-1991

Comment

Welcome to JCF. It's a wealth of information and expertise all gathered together in one place. Hope you do well in your search for that Charvel. In fact, you may luck out and one of the members could very well have one they'd be willing to part with. Never be afraid to ask a question here. Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't bother to ask.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

thanks for the link

Comment

Welcome.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

"Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

i don't have a picture, it looks like a spectrum but with the guitar type logo on the headstock.

Comment

That would be a 3dr ....very nice fiddle!

Comment

well i found it on the link that Sharkfin posted and looks like the bright orange model 8, anyways it looks to be in very nice condition and i can but it for $350.00 with the chainsaw case. does that sound like a good buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
                    well i found it on the link that Sharkfin posted and looks like the bright orange model 8, anyways it looks to be in very nice condition and i can but it for $350.00 with the chainsaw case. does that sound like a good buy?
                    There was a Desert Crackle Spectrum (bolt on, 3 single coils), at my local GC for $500. I bought the Red Model 6 for the same price instead.

There's plenty of guitars out there. No need to rush. Make a careful choice. I couldn't stand the idea of being stuck with three singles.

Comment

3 singles with a mid boost is pretty sweet.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        There was a Desert Crackle Spectrum (bolt on, 3 single coils), at my local GC for $500. I bought the Red Model 6 for the same price instead.

There's plenty of guitars out there. No need to rush. Make a careful choice. I couldn't stand the idea of being stuck with three singles.
                        ya and i really don't care for the weird pickguard on it either

Comment

Working...
                        X