Which do you like better - Model or Toothpaste logo FEATURES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which do you like better - Model or Toothpaste logo FEATURES

Seems like the Toothpaste Charvels got for cheaper, but have the better hardware - Locking Nut instead of String Lock behind the nut, JT-590 vs. JT-6 (usually).

Model 5 vs 550?

Model 6 vs. 650?

Thoughts?

I prefer the Toothpaste models, but the logo bugs me. Too Jacksony, thus further blurring the line between Jackson and Charvel during that era.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I prefer the full sized strat bodies, and non recesssed trems on most of the model series. The toothpaste series do have better hardware but feel too "Jacksony" to me. I like them both but Im just splitting hairs here to show preference.

Comment

"Jacksony" - I never really thought about it but IMO this is a perfect description of the difference between the model series and the toothpasters.

Comment

Toothpaste all the way for me.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Model series all the way top loaded trems and chunkier necks
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm surprised. I would have thought everyone would have said Model series.

Ok, let me address some of these.

I have a 550XL and a Model 5FX. Both necks are the SAME, and a chunkier than my 2 Model 6's and my Model 4.

I used to think the toothpaste had recessed trems but the 550XL is flying just as high as the Model 5FX. Same neck angle. So this isn't a factor unless they changed in later years. The serial numbers of both of these are around 600 apart (both are 1988).

Comment

I prefer a locking nut over the string lock, so based on that alone I'd say Toothpaste. Then again, that logo doesn't do it for me, so with both I'm either sending it off to be converted or refinished. ;p

Comment

My only toothpaste logo is cx391, real decent appointments and neck. Couldn't care less about the look of the logo, but personally I really dislike the beaky headstock shape on this and a lot of the other early 90's Charvel imports.

Comment

Toothpaste!!!
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

'pasties for me!
                      I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

I prefer the hardware and such on the Toothpaste logo guitars, but I hate that logo.

Comment

Models..
                          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

and I think the Toothpaste logos are fukkin cool!!!
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I prefer the Model Series...
                              Full size strat body
                              Prefer the logo
                              Non recessed trem on most..
                              Just cooler...

But the only toothpaste I own is a 750xl with non-recessed trem, and I don't really care about the logo, so that's a killer fiddle too...
                              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Working...
                              X