V trem question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V trem question

After playing two of the Model 1's back to back i felt a huge difference in the trem arm attitude. After disassembly I found the factory drilling and tapping to be off considerably. Anyone experience this before and more importantly do you guys know of any fixes other than replacement or re-milling and possibly putting in a heli coil?

I didn't get the whole trem in the shot just for Ron GTWTITS!!!

VTREM2.jpgVTREM 1.jpg

You mean the holes are different from one to another?

Comment

Yes. To clarify the hole was drilled at an angle not 90 degrees from the top of the trem block. Look at the arm in the picture. It is off by a ton. When you rotate the bar it is very noticeable.

Comment

Wow, thats messed up. Id say just replace the block but those blocks are specific to those trems because of string spacing and are hard to find. But on the up side most guys are looking for the saddles and someone might have a spare block floating around from a parts trem. Id post a WTB in the classifieds. Someone will probably hook you up.

Comment

Ummmm, no, you simply take the bar for the offending trem and have it bent forward a bit more to compensate.

Or just play the damn thing as-is.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Shouldn't have to do that, Newc. It's clearly a QC issue that should never have made it to the consumer.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Ummmm, no, you simply take the bar for the offending trem and have it bent forward a bit more to compensate.

Or just play the damn thing as-is.
              Ha! I was gonna say just bend the bar but I figured that he thought of that already.

Comment

Bend the bar.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You guys are cracking me up! No kidding you can bend the bar......but then when you swing it out of the way it shreds the finish on the body and then it takes out the knob. It is already annoying with a slight bend, with a bend it would require to be at a usable playing attitude it would be funny

Comment

Working...
                  X