NGD!!!! 87 Charvel model 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!!! 87 Charvel model 5

aww yeah...Just got it.Iits been sitting at the post office since tuesday cuz i couldnt get off work in time to scoop it. Finally picked it up today in between jobs. I'm gonna get a new floyd rose with D-tuna for it, and maybe some bare knuckle pups, not sure what kind yet

Cool, M5's are the best.

Comment

Remember the OFR has a tad wider string spacing so both E strings will be farther out toward the edge of the fingerboard.
      Pretty cool as is IMO I have a black 5A and love it.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I was not aware of the string space difference... Perhaps I will try to find a big brass block for it instead.

Comment

anyone know if another jackson bridge would make a good replacement?..I really want the D-tuna on this one

Comment

Ohhh that's nice!!!

Congrats Man...
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

The JT6 is a good bridge if you don't hose it up. Big brass blocks can be found on ebay for it.

I just got done playing my 550XL and my 5FX. The 550XL comes with a Schaller branded FR, and I have an OFR on the 5FX because it came without a bridge and I didn't have a spare JT6.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                [QUOTE=DonP;1492463

I just got done playing my 550XL and my 5FX. The 550XL comes with a Schaller branded FR, and I have an OFR on the 5FX because it came without a bridge and I didn't have a spare JT6.[/QUOTE]

So.....Iin your opinion, does the the OFR string space difference from the jt6 dramatically affect the playability ?

Comment

I'm gonna try a schalller and if I don't like it , I will put it on my Dkmg
                  Last edited by psykofly; 02-25-2012, 03:25 AM. Reason: I cunt spell

Comment

I just got it building the 5FX last night. I had forgot about the spacing difference so I wasn't looking out for it. And, I didn't really notice it. Eyeballing the two guitars, the strings appear to be the same distance from either side of the fretboard on both.

Originally posted by psykofly View Post
                    in your opinion, does the the OFR string space difference from the jt6 dramatically affect the playability ?
                    No at all.

Comment

JT-6 is regular spaced and OFR is Fender spaced what ever the actual dimensions are not sure.
                      It made a difference to me I hate the top E string to push off the board.
                      May not bother you, the OFR is a direct fit and you can use the JT-6 studs with no problem.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to hook this bad boy up.

Comment

5's are pretty awesome.Give us a full review.

Comment

Will do.. OFR, brass block and D-tuna are on the way! I havent decided what I'm gonna do with the electronics yet...ATM its wired with two volume, one tone . I may do one volume, afterburner, then kill switch.ive gotta find a switch that isn't ugly and will fit the hole.

Comment

Alright...I'm done modding this badboy for now. Popped in an OFR with a big 42mm brass block and D-tuna.and I took the EMG het-set and afterburner out of my Dkmg. wired it volume,volume, afterburner. Just finished the setup... cant wait to fire it up
                              [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X