No announcement yet.

Charvel Model 3 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome that it all came together in the end! Looks fantastic and I also love single hum / single volume guitars so this hits the spot!

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
      That blue really leaps off the screen. Great choice of paint.

Comment

Fantastic results with the perfect color. Great collection of guitars as well.

Comment

Looks great.

I was going to say I was amazed at how quickly you got the first parts done, and then it turned into one of my projects (taking forever) LOL!

But you got it done and it looks great - all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            That blue really leaps off the screen. Great choice of paint.
            I chose a color that would go good with chrome hardware. When I bought the neck, it came with chrome hardware. I always avoid chrome hardware, I like the black. But I'm also a cheapskate that doesn't like to replace things that are in perfect working condition. I didn't feel like selling the chrome parts to go black, So I grudgingly ordered the chrome Floyd to match. Then it was difficult to settle on a color that went with chrome. Found this Roth Metal Flake stuff called Rattlebomb Bad Azz Blue. Took a chance, and I'm incredibly happy with how it turned out. The flake out of a rattle can was tough, kept wanting to clog. I luckily had 2 cans of the flake as one should have been enough. The first can clogged in the open position half way through the can. Tip was clear, it was sticking inside the can. Had to slam it against the ground to get it to close, never to open again. Second can did the same thing right as I was just finishing up full coverage. Got that one to reopen though, finished up real quick, with it stuck in the open position again...whew, just enough to finish! Then with the endless layers of clear, I was hoping that I didn't F it up since there was no repairing it without ordering more, which I didn't want to do after the clogging issues. Wet sanding super slow as to not go through...started to go through on one of the edges...all turned out ok in the end. Otherwise, it would have been yet another failure of paint on a long list of paint failures with this guitar!
            My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Awesome job! Love that shade of blue.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well done! Love the color.

Comment

That's an awesome save and I love the color!!! Holy thread resurrection! Kind of surprised you didn't leave a single coil at the neck though.

Comment

The whole idea was to build a one humbucker guitar. I've got plenty of guitars with singles.
                    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

That blue is beautiful.
                      The project came out great.

Comment

That looks the tits! I love it

Comment

Working...
                        X