X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new soloist cont.

Regarding the new DX-1-FR.
    http://charvel.com/guitars/search.php?partno=2931311586
    It only took me 2 days to get one delivered. (PAID $595) I am use to my USA SL1, RR1, Old model 6 and such, so I reminded myself the last time I puchased a chinese made Schecter before ordering this. WTF, I think Charvel it trying a lot harder not putting out Les-Paul looking axes, and went back to thier roots, so I had to try this. I could tell right away it felt good... real good. A thin neck like the model 6, and right out of the box I was able to lower the action to 1mm at the 12th fret with minimal residule buzz. The sides of the frets are polished smooth (unlike my USA SL1) and the intonation was amazingly perfect. (not a usual on a floyd) No need for a tone knob, its set balls out. These 81, and 85 EMG's scream with tone and pitch harmonics. There was some finesse put into this axe. I Was truly happy with every aspect....

The neck thru is seen in the back of the mahogany body, with a masked raw neck that is shreading fast.

Tonemonster asked for an update, so here you go man. Its a light, fun ass guitar to play. I like (as most of you dont) the abalone inlays, and never though I would see it in a soloist. There is a black one available with out inlays. The back of the head stock reads the SN# and:
    "Crafted in China
    A genuine Charvel product
    designed in USA".
    I personaly am all about USA, and stay away from Chineese stuff most of the time. In this case, I am glad Charvel is still in business.
    Ernest Kaiser
    http://generalyo.com/
    Last edited by general yo; 02-18-2012, 01:55 PM.

Good info, thanks for the review! I've been tempted by the star but have been wanting to hear some thoughts on the soloists since I too have a couple model 6's and was wondering how these compared.

Comment

That looks nice!, Is that a Sandoval behind you?

Comment

^^ Canadian made copy. mahogany neck thru Rhoads harpoon V.
        Last edited by general yo; 02-18-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the review. I'll have to check local and see if I can find one to play. It seems like a decent guitar, and if the price was right I'd probably snag one. Just would have to be the black without the excessive abalone though (just my opinion).

Comment

These are great guitars for the money.Pick thru them to find one you like.
            I may get one of these too.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Day two, and no buyer remorse.
              To be honest,
              It stands up to any of my USA Jacksons.
              Cant put it down.....glad its the weekend.

Comment

Hey thanks for the review! Looks like a fine axe to me. and I am one of the few that like the abalone bling on it. I think its cool. bout time they threw some on a J/C product. as for the Chinese thing..... I am in the same boat....but I think things are changing a bit. I do think there are some quality products coming out of China now. the reviews on these desolation series guitars quality that I have read so far have been all positive. I am all for building in the USA, but man..... for the average guy like most of us, the USA prices are just getting out of hand. Lets face it, if this guitar with all the abalone bling was built USA, it would cost $3000 easy. and you can buy them for $600 new. Hey, if they are quality built, quality workmanship, WGAF where they are built?? look at all the high quality Japan and Korea built guitars out there.

related but unrelated..... those china made VHT amps out now...... I have one, frickin HAND WIRED tube amp, no PCB's...... that would easily cost 3K if built in USA..... VHT is selling them for $330. I mean thats just insane. There is alot of buying power on the market now for the average guitar player, and its nice to see. quality products at decent prices.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Real fast shreader. EMG's, bare wood neck, and the inlays have made it a favorite of mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X