Model 4 Getting ready to turn EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Getting ready to turn EVH

Well, some routing, some sanding, some painting and this is gonna be one badass player. I put it together a few days ago to see how it played (to see if it would be worth the time, it so is)

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

What humbucker did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      What humbucker did you go with?
      IDK, it has a duncan of some sort in it? Its to bright for me, maybe a paf or demon?
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

"IDK,it has a Duncan of some sort in it ?"

It's a Seymour Duncan JB taken out of a DK2M.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
          "IDK,it has a Duncan of some sort in it ?"

It's a Seymour Duncan JB taken out of a DK2M.

Maybe its too bright because its just straight to the jack? I like JB's, so when the pot and knob get here, I'll probably keep that in there. I meant I was going to put a PAF or Demon in it.

Comment

JB's can be very bright without a 250K volume pot to tame down the high end. And if you add a tone, that will tame it down even more.

If you are going with a EVH theme, one of my favorite EVH tones comes from a J50BC pickup I put in a 1988 firecrackle Dinky I have. It's an Alder body with a rosewood fretboard, so the woods would be different and your tone may not be the same as mine.

But the good thing if you go this route is that the J50BC comes covered and would fit perfect in the stock oversized pickup ring that Model 4's have.
            Last edited by DonP; 01-15-2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I'm going to route for a pool type deal, but leave the control cavity as is, I hate to have to pull a pickguard to change stuff. I'm doing the white with black strips, so I still have a ways to go on it. But the neck worked out great(it was a bitch mounting)But it feels really nice, stays in tune, really low action.yada yada yada.

Comment

Well, I was gonna try and copy Eddies to the last line, decided" screw that" His is way too busy lol But still it came out nice Still waiting on some Es335 electronics..

Comment

That turned out great!
                  -Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick. What sucked is painting it black, just to paint it white again lol..But it does look hella better then it did before. Its not like the time capsule you sent me But I think it looks and plays 100% better now.

Comment

Waiting for a white knob( from china)..Buy the way these mighty mites take a R-2 42 mm nut.I had to put an old one on to get the action right(silver) but I have the correct one today.

Comment

That's a baaaaadass guitar man

Comment

Working...
                        X