Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Wild Card #4 Dead Calm Aqua with maple neck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Wild Card #4 Dead Calm Aqua with maple neck...

Just finished putting a maple neck on my Charvel Wild Card and took a quick pic. Thoughts? Let me know good or bad. Won't hurt my feelings as this is an experiment.

Personally, I'll have to look at it some more to determine if I like this better than the stock neck. I do like the black lettering on the headstock better as I don't care for the aqua lettering on the stock neck. BTW, pics always make these guitars look blue-ish. They are really more green than blue.

Here is a pic with the orignal neck:

Last edited by Chad; 01-14-2012, 11:19 PM.

Here's a link to full size pics:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...elwildcard.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...rdrosewood.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 01-14-2012, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I did the same thing to my Wild Card #5,something about rosewood finger boards I don't like. Maple is good, and yours looks great.
      We will know for the first time...
      If we are evil or divine...
      We are the last in line...RJD RIP

Comment

Thanks. That #5 looks MUCH better with the maple neck!

Comment

I like maple necks, but my Aqua came with a flamed neck so I'm not swapping.

Comment

Love the maple

Comment

Mine also came with a flamed neck but I do think the maple looks better. I also liked the feel of the maple better on other pro mods. Did it affect the sound at all?

Comment

I do hate the green logo, but I'm not feeling the maple.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  I do hate the green logo, but I'm not feeling the maple.
                  Same here. I've always leaned more towards darker necks. I like Maple on some things, but just not feeling it n this one. I wish I could figure out a way to color in the logo on my WC #4. It's really the only thing that bothers me about that guitar.
                  Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Keep it like this, I think this looks killer.

Comment

I think I like the look of the rosewood better. but I do agree, the #5 looks great with the maple.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Maybe some people like the rosewood because the Aqua is green like tree leaves and the rosewood if brown like a tree trunk and guitars come from trees and it looks like a tree?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys. As far as sound, it might have a slight increase in punch. A tighter sound, if you will. Not really brighter. I wish I would have done recordings, so I could A/B. Poolman, did you notice much change in tone when you switched necks on your #5?

Here's another pic:

Comment

My sound got a little brighter and tighter. The maple neck was a very tight fit, you can hold the guitar up without the bolts in. I also tried 4 pups in it. A DiMarzio SD, X2N, SD Screamin' Demon, and the original JB. My pups are direct mount, so there is a lot of bottom end, The original JB was the best to my ears. On a side note, no matter which guitar I put the DiMarzio's in I just cant get them to sound the way I like.
                            We will know for the first time...
                            If we are evil or divine...
                            We are the last in line...RJD RIP

Comment

Originally posted by The Poolman View Post
                              My sound got a little brighter and tighter. The maple neck was a very tight fit, you can hold the guitar up without the bolts in. I also tried 4 pups in it. A DiMarzio SD, X2N, SD Screamin' Demon, and the original JB. My pups are direct mount, so there is a lot of bottom end, The original JB was the best to my ears. On a side note, no matter which guitar I put the DiMarzio's in I just cant get them to sound the way I like.
                              I don't mind the direct mount, but I sure wish they would have routed deeper so pickup height could have more range of adjustment. Right now it is pretty much impossible to balance the volume of the single coils with the JB. If I could lower the JB another 1/32" or so I think I could get things a lot better. I never have got along with Dimarzios very well either.

Comment

Working...
                              X