Picked up another Fusion possibly for parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up another Fusion possibly for parts

Has a J80-C and an Armstrong rail. Kill switch added, 3 way switch and what looks to be a non original LBFR trem. The neck is perfect other than the bottom of the point typical wood chunk missing. I do like the profile of these necks though!
    IMAG0642.jpg
    Last edited by MODEL5FX; 01-03-2012, 11:34 PM.

nice find I agree with you..... the Fusion necks are the best fit and feel for me

Comment

Man, I wish I could find a cheap Fusion for a refin project...

Comment

Well I think I am going to part her out or sell it as neck/body. The trem looks like it is from another guitar??Never seen this type on a Charvel but I have limited experience with the Fusion.

Some notes:

Previous owner decided to make this model a string through and drilled 6 holes in the cavity. Could be filled and not noticeable. Did not know this until disassembly (learned a valuable lesson too).
        Previous owner installed the J80 which is ~1/4 narrower than the ring/pickup combo that was stock so the two bottom holes are visible.
        Back of neck under locking nut has finish crack possibly from over tightening the locking nut.
        Frets would need a dress if you want them perfect but it played fine with no dead frets before I disassembled it(just noting so you know its not perfect)

I would like to keep the electronics but am willing to let you guys have anything you need before it goes on ebay. Let me know.
        IMAG0652.jpgIMAG0651.jpgIMAG0650.jpgIMAG0649.jpgIMAG0648.jpgIMAG0647.jpgIMAG0646.jpgIMAG0645.jpgIMAG0644.jpgIMAG0643.jpg

Comment

If anyone has the right trem for this let me know?

I might just fill the holes, paint the area black and let it be the loaner for jam sessions.

Comment

The correct trem should be a chrome Charvel branded JT-590, at least that's whats on my Charvel Fusion Deluxe. Mine is a cobalt blue and does not have a covered pickup, but I also have a red one that needed an oversized pickup ring (I went with a budman and put in an EMG).

P.S. those holes almost look like someone was trying to put in a V-Trem.
            Last edited by DonP; 01-08-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X