'86 Model 3 w/stock JT-6...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '86 Model 3 w/stock JT-6...?

Hi folks! I've seen only one before but the pic was awfully blurry so it was very hard to be sure the trem was stock... But today, I've found another one I'll try to grab... Quite rare it seems... Can anybody confirm some "transition" '86 Models 3 were equipped with stock JT-6 trem with good pix, please...? What about the tone? Cheers, zenzab
    Last edited by zenzab; 01-03-2012, 07:22 PM.

Nothing really rare about it unless its the 86 model with the pickguard and a jt-6. That Ive never seen before. If its just the typical rear loaded model 3 then whos to say if its not an 87 model. I dont think it really means anything. That said Ive got 5 model 3s and they all sound awesome. Only my 3dr has the stock pickups though. But the stock pickups sounded good and I like them in my other model series guitars that I own.

Comment

Thanx Carbuff. Yes, that's what I was talking about: '86 with pickguard AND JT-6. I've got 2 '86 Model 3 (A&C) and 1 '87 (C) and I'm agree with you, they sound more than great ( I'm in Love with Jackson pups...) I've not seen the one I'm gonna buy but wanted to know about tone and playability... I don't really care about its rarety, it's just a thing I noticed ... Cheers

Comment

I just noticed that youre in France. There were lots of interesting charvels that were made for the non US market that had options that dont seem to jive with the Charvel Japan catalog for the US market. It could be something like that. I think the tone and playability should be right in line with the ones you already own. Post up some pics when you get it.

Comment

I didn't think about this but it could be as we all know the CX Series were different for Europe (and maybe Pacific...? Not sure...) market, for example... I've talked a bit (on phone) with the seller this afternoon. He told me he bought it in second hand in the mid-90s but couldn't tell me more except it's a red one refinished in black with 2 hums and a single in between so I even don't know if it's a modded Model 3A or C. I just think the serial number maybe should start by 24XXXX if it's a transition one but forgot to ask. I gonna see the axe this week-end so let's wait & see... Nothing else to do, anyway... Cheers

Comment

GAS stroke me once again so I finally bought it ... Actually, it's a modded red refinished in black '86 Model 3A. As I noticed on the seller's pix, no Kahler trem but no JT-6 either: it was replaced by a Takeuchi TRS 101, branded Washburn 600-S which is the same trem that the Jackson JT-580... Good luck on this one! Unfortunately, the job was poor made: it wasn't drill deep enough on the treble side so the trem couldn't sit at its right place and the strings were way too high. Also, it seemed the posts spacing wasn't absolutely correct (too much narrow) leading the trem to be a bit tight ... But, good point, the neck is in good shape (I love Model 3 necks) and the fret levelling is brand new and vey well made. So, I decided to put it on a black Model 1A I got ... First, because I've always wanted an ALL black Strat and, secondly, I already have a black Model 1A ...
            At the end of the game, it looks gorgeous, sounds like Hell, plays like butter and I named it (her...?) "Perfecta" 'coz it suits very well (I must say "perfectly") with my Perfecto ... [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
            Last edited by zenzab; 01-21-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I thought in 86' ,other than the traditional trems on Mdl 1's, I thought were Kahlers, those 2500 series. Then again I don't know much.

Comment

Clip the strings off please.
                Nice looking 3's tho'.
                Some 86's had the Kahler 2500.Great trems too.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I dont get it. Both of those guitars are model 1As. One has had the neck replaced with a rosewood neck. They both have 6 screw v-trems from the looks of the pics. Am I missing something?

Edit: Ok, I just reread the last post of yours. So no pics of any 86 model 3s with JT-6. Just the two model 1as in the pic. Aside from the neck, neither of those pictured guitars was ever a model 3, yes?
                  Last edited by Carbuff; 01-21-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I got to admit the title of the thread may lead to confusion... but I was too lazy to start a new one to tell the whole story... Sorry... So, yes it's definitely a Model 1A RW in the end. About the Kahler trem, it maybe a good one but so much fragile and the maintenance so complicated that it was ruined and destroyed on the 3 Model 3 I grabbed... That's why I got them for cheap...! The goal here was to get another guitar, sounding different by mixing different features: Gotoh trem, rosewood fretboard, little 1A swimming pool (not the Model 3 olympic one...) route. As it works quite right, far beyond imagination, I planned to go on the same way by installing the J-80C pick-ups on a red Model 1A I own but I'll have to do the routing for the long legs Jackson pups before ...
                    @ Straycat: Yeah, I know about the strings ... It's a trick or a habit from the times when I was a busker; always breaking strings at the bridge so it was an easy and fast way to repair (and save...). It became a kind of zenzab's "marque de fabrique"... Cheers
                    Last edited by zenzab; 01-22-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X