475 Deluxe neck heel width?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 475 Deluxe neck heel width?

Hello. So I've found what I'm pretty sure is a 475 Deluxe body. No hardware and an extra coat of paint that I'm carefully removing. Anyhoo, the neck pocket is 2 & 7/32" at its widest rather than the 2 & 3/16" that I was expecting. Anyone know if this (2 & 7/32") is the original size? What with the misc paint on this thing, its not easy to make out the typical rectangle shape of original paint that you often see on the otherwise bare wood in the neckpocket. A paint void around this rectangle would indicate that some nonoriginal routing has gone on here. Anyway, my 2 & 3/16 necks are swimming in the 2 & 7/32 pocket. If the pocket has been widened, then I'll not feel bad about gluing some veneer shims in there and use a regular mighty mite neck already on hand. But if its meant to have a wider neck, then I'd rather keep an eye out for one. Thanks to any who advise.

I have a 375 deluxe with a 2 7/32" neck pocket and it looks like a factory route, so I think they came like that.
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

Theyre 2.25" as with most other Jackson/Charvels. Obviously this is wood were talking about and manufacturing tolerances, but the spec is 2.25" neck pocket width.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Great. Thanks Mikamee for going to the effort of measuring yours and Robrr for passing on what you know. Cheers guys!

Comment

Working...
        X