• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro mod: questions about tremolo and pups

Hello everyone,
    I'm Bruno and I write from Italy.
    Excuse me in advance for my poor English
    I would like to buy a Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas 2H (black) but I have only 2 doubts

I) about FR tremolo.
    On Charvel website, in guitar specifications: *Floyd Rose ® FRT-O2000* double-locking 2-Point Tremolo. FRT-O2000... ok, it's not a original made in Germany Floyd Rose, it's made in Korea (from Ed Roman website). It's not necessarily a problem, but tremolo block and saddles are in brass, steel or zinc? It's important (imvho)

II) about Seymour Duncan Pups - '59 neck and JB are 2 or 4 cables?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-12-2011, 09:38 AM.
    Excuse me for my poor and bad English

II Here's a wiring diagram from the Seymour Duncan website.
    Looks to have the 4 wire + a ground..
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...ic=2h_1v_1t_3w

Welcome to the forum Bruno

Also hooking the red/white to a coil tap switch to a ground will also give single coil sounds..
    Last edited by WRC; 12-12-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

The block and saddles are zinc.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
        The block and saddles are zinc.
        It's a sin...
        So I've only one alternative: change OFR O-2000 like a very *good* tremolo
        (I'm thinking... Gotoh Floyd Rose 1996 ).
        I already have a takeuchi floyd with zinc saddles&block and it's simply.... cheap and trash
        (I'm sorry but i can't find another word for it)
        Last edited by Bruno; 12-13-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WRC View Post
          II Here's a wiring diagram from the Seymour Duncan website.
          Looks to have the 4 wire + a ground..
          http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...ic=2h_1v_1t_3w

Welcome to the forum Bruno

Also hooking the red/white to a coil tap switch to a ground will also give single coil sounds..
          Thank you for welcome.
          I know that sd '59 will be in 2 different versions: 2 and 4 wire.
          Just like you said, my intention will be to install 2 mini toggle switch. But the cheap tremolo honestly it's a problem for me.
          I don't want cheap hardware, I'm sick
          Last edited by Bruno; 12-13-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Bruno,
            Since you used Ed's site as a reference I do want point out this is what he says about the FRT-1000, 2000, and 3000 " They are considerably less money but they are still better than any Floyd Rose Licensed Tremolo we have seen. " That's not exactly saying they are low quality. Actually from him, like him or not, that's a pretty good compliment. Those Floyds have been debated to death as far as I can tell they are just fine. From everything I have gathered they are all steel with a brass block. I thought only the "Special" used zinc.

Comment

Originally posted by loud_and_dirty View Post
              Bruno,
              Since you used Ed's site as a reference I do want point out this is what he says about the FRT-1000, 2000, and 3000 " They are considerably less money but they are still better than any Floyd Rose Licensed Tremolo we have seen. " That's not exactly saying they are low quality. Actually from him, like him or not, that's a pretty good compliment. Those Floyds have been debated to death as far as I can tell they are just fine. From everything I have gathered they are all steel with a brass block. I thought only the "Special" used zinc.
              Forgive me, my bad English penalizes me again.
              I have not used the ER website *to know* but it is the first website that I found via google (writing FRT O-x000).
              Therefore I don't give him credit and discredit. It's only a website...

But what I still did not understand it because you say one thing and then the opposite... that FRT O-x000 are all steel or not? Saddles are in zinc or not? And the block?
              We can put a *wild final word* on materials?

Then, if it's good or not I do not argue, I've not it!
              Now, I want only know.

Comment

Working...
              X