NGD 1988 Model 6 Score!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 1988 Model 6 Score!!!

I got this for dirt cheap last week, already has an OFR on it and some Dimarzio combination that I can't identify yet.
    what ever they are they sound really good so they are staying. A previous owner used some kind of furniture polish on her ,hence the f'n 'white' on the fret board, I scrubbed the shit out of it the morning, but it didn't do me much good. I'm going to have my Tech throw a floyd lock nut on there but besides that she is good to go, not a mark on her really in 'mint' condition. Ever since I sold my Red Jackson pro I've been missing a second soloist, when this came up it was so cheap I couldn't resist. Frets are in great shape , plays really effortless, this is a good one for sure.
    pics.

If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Is that the one from ebay that sold for under $400. I will thinking of bidding on that one but did not expect it to go so cheap.

Comment

it is indeed
      From the pics the seller posted I couldn't even see how clean it was, or tell it was on OFR on there.
      I thought the JT-6 was still on it

Comment

Good grab!

Comment

Nice snag , Mitch just told be about looking for one of those, guess I should have stayed up all night , watching Ebay, Congrats, that guitars pristine looking,

Comment

Originally posted by rufkut View Post
            Nice snag , Mitch just told be about looking for one of those, guess I should have stayed up all night , watching Ebay, Congrats, that guitars pristine looking,
            don't be sucked in, man! It's a slippery slope once you start chasing Models. Just enjoy the shit out of that Model 4 and stop worrying about what you're missing out on

Great looking M6, Nick. What sort of tones you getting out of those neck & middle p/u's?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Surprisingly really good tones.
              My 5150II loves this guitar. With the neck and the bridge both on I'm getting a really good neck pickup tone but the bridge being on adds some "chimmer" to it and more punch. I was going to swap them out but now that I have fresh strings on there it sounds really good.
              I pulled the pickups this morning when I gave her the once over but didn't see any "named labels" and like an idiot I didn't know Dmarzio uses numbered codes, there
              are numbers on there, but I didn't write them down.
              Next string change I'll have to pull them again and see what' in there, but whatever they are they sound good.
              Last edited by kmanick; 09-25-2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Nice!!! Love my 6.
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Great score at an awsome price ,especially with the awsome shape, floyd and and aftermarket pups

can someone explain to me the current decline in prices of model sixes? i have seem them cycle between 500 - 700 all day long on the bay for the last 5 years
                  but nowadays they are great scores at 400 and under .... last one i got was 410 shipped ,its at the point where model 4's are going for more than 6's nowadays ! wtf is with that???
                  did a search just now like i do everyday and none even came up
                  “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

I don't understand it either.
                    a while back I was watching them and $550.-750.00 seemed like the norm.
                    More recently I've seen a bunch go for in the high $400s . With this one , the seller is a pawn broker I just don't think he did any background checking and knew what to ask for (I got really really lucky with this one).
                    I see the same type of cycles with the early Jackson pros. Earlier this year a bunch went for in the $500.00 range , now every one I see is over $700.00 ???
                    I assumed $5-550.00 was the "standard price for a Model 6 in good shape?
                    Now I have no clue.

Comment

It seems like there have been a lot more Model 5s and 6s on eBay recently, and that probably explains the price drop.

Comment

HNGD!!!! that is a sexy guitar
                        Jackson RX10D
                        Jackson JX10

Comment

Very nice indeed. I'm not really a fan of blue guitars but that color is quite nice! Congrats.

Comment

Nice Charvel! I've got the same one except mine still factory specs with the original pickups and JT6. They are great guitars to play.

Comment

I feel blessed and privileged to own my Model 6 its a fucking awesome axe!
                              USA Jackson RR1
                              Charvel Model 6
                              Jackson Performer-2
                              Orange Dark Terror
                              EVH 5150 LBX
                              Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                              X