Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can i take for my Model 3?

Hola

I have a model 3 i like to sell but am unsure of the value. Recent ones listed on ebay are priced quite high. I thought i would have been happy with $3 to $400. Is that to low? Or are the guys on the bay nuts? There are 2 listed right now one for 600 and the other for 1200. Mine looks just like the one for 1.2K

Seems to be an 85 or 86, low 200xxx serial with a Kahler 2500 , white sparkle in near mint cond. Has a tiny half inch stress crack top neckjoint, besides that there is nothing worth mentioning. All clean. Also have the original tweed case.

So what should i price her ? $170 or $500

Put it on the bay with no reserve and you'll have your answer.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Also, wrong forum!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yup wrong thread Sorry. The ebay with no reserve is not my favorite thing to do.
        Last edited by dragsternj; 08-21-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Wrong thread Ron, right forum. As for price well not much really, kahlers kill the value of U.S.A guitars so imports well? take what you can get, but I would ask for atleast 2,000.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Its late good sir I would have hoped for more realistic advise. Thanks again

Comment

Chill dude he was kidding $300-00 is about right for what you have.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd be happy with $400..

Also, no offense to the OP, but we should make a "Minimum Post Policy" where you can only ask the price for your guitar if you have at least so and so posts.

Comment

With a JT6 or other Floyd-compatible tremolo in really good shape you could get $350 - $400 for it.

With the Kahler? I don't know. I don't buy those.

Comment

Originally posted by dragsternj View Post
                    Hola

I have a model 3 i like to sell but am unsure of the value. Recent ones listed on ebay are priced quite high. I thought i would have been happy with $3 to $400. Is that to low? Or are the guys on the bay nuts? There are 2 listed right now one for 600 and the other for 1200. Mine looks just like the one for 1.2K

Seems to be an 85 or 86, low 200xxx serial with a Kahler 2500 , white sparkle in near mint cond. Has a tiny half inch stress crack top neckjoint, besides that there is nothing worth mentioning. All clean. Also have the original tweed case.

So what should i price her ? $170 or $500
                    You say you see what people on ebay are ASKING. Did you check COMPLETED auctions to see what they actually SOLD for?

You can ask for $500 all day long and all you'll end up with is ebay fees eating your wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      You say you see what people on ebay are ASKING. Did you check COMPLETED auctions to see what they actually SOLD for?

You can ask for $500 all day long and all you'll end up with is ebay fees eating your wallet.
                      Actually, now eBay only rapes your bank account if your item sells.

Comment

EBAYS aver price for a model 3 is 285. if that helps?
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                          With a JT6 or other Floyd-compatible tremolo in really good shape you could get $350 - $400 for it.

With the Kahler? I don't know. I don't buy those.

First off i am chill, thus the smiley ->>>> Last Model 3 on the bay i believe went for 500. I think 250 is a giveaway. Its a really sweet guitar and it probably beats the crap out of every HSS Strat out there. Maybe i am better off ordering myself a Killer and keep the axe.

Thanks for all the answers

Comment

I'd keep it personally. They may not sell for much but the necks are tops imo. Worth routing for floyds, which I've done twice, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dragsternj View Post
                              First off i am chill, thus the smiley ->>>> Last Model 3 on the bay i believe went for 500. I think 250 is a giveaway. Its a really sweet guitar and it probably beats the crap out of every HSS Strat out there. Maybe i am better off ordering myself a Killer and keep the axe.

Thanks for all the answers
                              Go to ebay, press sell then a page will pop up with a whats it worth type in charvel model 3. are there people out there that will pay more yes! will you be lucky enough to find one? maybe, maybe not. So if you already think you know its value put it up for that and sell it.But don't come here telling us what their worth, I have owned models 1 through 6 and would not pay 250 for a model 3, thats just me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X