Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 475 - score, I think ;)

Hey guys
    I've just bought another Charvel from a pawn-shop. I believe it's a Charvel 475 Deluxe in metallic black. It has a DiMarzio DP100 in bridge position and singles which seem to be these stock pickups (J100?). The guitar looks as if it has spent it's whole life in a case - there's some buckle rash only!
    I've bought it for 800 PLN which is about 200 euros. On the other hand, for 800 PLN you can buy a new Epiphone G310 in Poland :>

Here's the photo, I'd be glad if you could tell me whether am I right in my assumptions!

475 it is. Not bad for $200 US even in the US. Personally, I would take my 475 over two Epiphones. How do you like it?

Comment

Excellent trem (JT-590). These were Made in Japan between 1989 - 1991.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice score, Epi is not in the same league as that 475.
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I know, it was just an example
          I would never buy any Epi, have a Burny Les Paul and I'm extremely satisfied with it

So it's not a Deluxe, but just a 475?
          I like it but I haven't plugged it yet! On the other hand I have a tough decision to make - I have to sell a white Model 4 or this beauty. And I love both of them!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

The model was called 475 DLX. We just call it "475" for short. The only other version of it that I know of, was the "475 DLX Exotic".

Comment

Ah thanks
                So now I have a question - is 475 considered better than model 4? Which one would you sell?

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                  475 it is. Not bad for $200 US even in the US. Personally, I would take my 475 over two Epiphones. How do you like it?
                  200 Euros isn't $200US.

Which one to keep? Keep both!

The 475 might have better hardware - a JT590 I believe. But Model 4 has more MoJo and the strat style body.

Comment

Google says you paid about $265 USD.

Compared to the crazy-high european prices we're used to seeing I'd say you got a good deal.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I had one... Nice guitar. I dunno, I think the "model" guitars were really better than the "toothpaste" guitars on the low end (like Model 2 vs 275) but the 475 I had back in the day was a damn nice guitar.

Comment

Well, in my country a Jackson J32T costs about $400. And new jackson imports cost about $1100-1300 new from store
                        So it seems to me this was a hell of a good deal

What I luv about this guitar is the neck binding, bridge and the toothpaste logo
                        It seems to play as good as my Model 4, but I don't really fancy the neck which is slimmer than on M4. Also I prefer the M4 body shape, always wanted to have a strat-like guitar
                        But I have to sell one of them in order to give cash back to my dad, who borrowed it to me
                        I also have a Peavey Hp Special which I'm kinda dissatisfied with, so this may be the one I'll part with...
                        Last edited by mraus; 08-08-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X