Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this please?

Is this an original charvel body?
    it doesnt seem like it!!! but it could be a japan market model? im just not sure! and what are the indicators?

Last edited by leevan_lee; 07-30-2010, 08:09 AM.

dont think its a model series body, did any have a recessed trem cavity? and the finish looks different to anything I have seen in catalogues.

Comment

I think you are on the right track with the Japan only model theory. Guitar logo, behind the nut lock, recessed trem route, dinky body and Charvel branded FR copy. It doesn't look like a mutt to me. I'm at work so I can't check the catalog scans but I would start with the Japan only catalogs.

Comment

Hey! Am I seeing things, or does the pull-up route have a different shape than the trem's baseplate?

I'd say you're right to be wary in this case...

Comment

I think it's probably fine. If you look through the gallery over at the Japanese site jacksonguitar.org, you'll see that mismatched baseplate & rout on a few of the models, especially some of the SDKs. leevan is in the Philippines, iirc, and he's always coming up with Japan-market models over there

Comment

ok, another thing is that the body doesnt have a scalloped neck heel. i think all japanese bolt ons had scalloped heels right?

Comment

Can you get a pic of the back? Control cavity shape will be very helpful to tell if it's J/C.

Comment

Working...
              X