Fusion Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Deluxe

This was some kind of an accidental buy. The price was pretty low and I thought, I should put something in - and won at a good price !

After playing her for 1 hour I knew I like the neck (I prefer shortscale necks), but the EMGs had to go (89 and SA) and the slanted neck-PU, well - I brought out some tools:

I added a 5-way super switch for splitting options and the DiMarzios sound great !
    IMO the pink/chrome-combination looks very sexy ! What do you think ?
    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

That is indeed sexy! Very nice looking axe! I had a Fusion Deluxe I now kinda wish I could have back - it was a very nice guitar. H/S is my favorite pickup config, doesn't seem to be yours!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Love it! I really like h/sc guitars but you did a great job adding the neck humbucker...

Comment

That one went from rags to riches!

Comment

Looks great!
            I have a Charvel Fusion Custom on it's way right now for my daughter.
            I figured a smaller body and shorter scale might make it easier for her to
            get comfortable while she's learning.
            and if not .......................then it's Mine!!!!
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Very nice congrats I kinda of like the pink body and nice job on the H/H conversion. I wish Jackson made all the Fusions H/H (both USA and Japanese) The single coil sounds like crap on a 24 fret neck IMO. I did they same with mine put in a bid that I thought was going to be to low . Seeing how it had the rare maple neck . I ended up with a ridiculously clean Fusion for 335.00 shipped
              Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Thanx for your comments !
                Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
                .. Seeing how it had the rare maple neck . I ended up with a ridiculously clean Fusion for 335.00 shipped
                Now that would have been the icing on the cake - maple board ! And I agree - they should have made all Fusions H/H !

I payed 250 (Euros) incl. OHSC (beat up, but does the job) which is very low for Europe ! And she is very clean,
                when I played her at last week's gig, my mates didn't believe she's 20 yrs old.

But if this guitar would have been crap, I still would have got parts worth that money (JT-590, EMGs)
                I think it's time for a shortscale-family-pic...

Comment

... Fusion Deluxe, USA Fusion Custom, Limited 91, Fusion Pro, Fusion SX

Comment

I like the H/S setup in Fusion Deluxe's. There are too many HH guitars already.

My stock Fusion Deluxe has the J90C and J200R rails, and needs nothing.

My other Deluxe is a mutt and has a Fusion PRO neck and EMG81 / EMG-S wired at 18 volts and is sweet. I didn't like the EMGs at first but they grow on you. I'm not an EMG nut - only 3 guitars out of 30+ have EMGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
                      ... Fusion Deluxe, USA Fusion Custom, Limited 91, Fusion Pro, Fusion SX

Looks like you don't have any issues with the shorter scale length associated with Fusions.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        I like the H/S setup in Fusion Deluxe's. There are too many HH guitars already.

My stock Fusion Deluxe has the J90C and J200R rails, and needs nothing.

My other Deluxe is a mutt and has a Fusion PRO neck and EMG81 / EMG-S wired at 18 volts and is sweet. I didn't like the EMGs at first but they grow on you. I'm not an EMG nut - only 3 guitars out of 30+ have EMGs.
                        I wouldn't have bothered the SC at the neck position, if it only had been straight, but slanted just doesn't look "right" to me.
                        And the EMGs sounded harsh with my amp settings; my main player is the Limited, which sounds great,
                        so EMGs are not an option for any of my backup guitars !

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                        Looks like you don't have any issues with the shorter scale length associated with Fusions.
                        I'm not blessed with long fingers, so - yes, I prefer shortscale.

Comment

Working...
                        X