Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charvel model 3.. how much will this one be worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel model 3.. how much will this one be worth?

Hey, anyone ideas on how much this charvel will be worth? since im not really familar with charvel I tought, let's ask them

- basswood body
    - maple neck , rosewood fingerboard
    - jackson pups
    - 5 way switch, volume en tone
    - kahler tremelo & locknut
    - black finish & hardware

It all seems in nice condition?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by porsche928; 07-08-2010, 05:10 PM.

Sounds like a 1986 Model 3.
    The Kahler kills its value a bit.
    My guess is somewhere between $200 and $275 depending on condition.
    -Rick

Comment

I'll have it ;-)

Comment

OK, Thanks! the guy who's selling it asks 375 for it, but I see that is way too much

Comment

I can get it for €300, Is it recommended? or should I buy something else?

Comment

Only you can make that choice.
            Play it... if you like it and feel it's worth the €300, buy it.
            I'd say that is a fair price for the EU market.
            -Rick

Comment

Ok, thanks!, im just a little bit worried about the kahler, but I will see how it handles!

-Thanks again!-

Comment

Kahlers are good bridges if setup right! thats a pro kahler more like a jt-6 and harder steal, they stay in tune just as well also! that could just be my pain pills talking : ) I saw a white one like this (not in as good condition) sell for 270 ish not to long ago, no case. + shipping
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Well, since you live in neitherlands, it looks like a nice deal, not the best but not the worst really. I got a red model 3 since with the kalher and i havent a lots of troubles with it (since the vibrato had frequently maintenance). It's really depend on the unit condition, you just need to take care of knifes, rust etc... Well like a floyd rose vibrato.
                  I saw a lot of people complaining about the kahlers but you need to understand that not everybody who purchased a model 3 in second hand got a kahler in nice condition.

For the price it's normal in Europe. I would say the price for a model 3 here is 300-400€.
                  Last edited by Florian; 07-09-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Oh okay, i'm not so familar with kahlers.. but I heard they stay good in tune, same as floyd's?
                    Anyways, Thanks! I am going to test out the guitar soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X