model 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 88

i must have missed something with all this japan promod talk, havnt been on here a while
    sounds pretty bogus though, i really dont want to get into debate about it but to me, that absolutley sucks if thats the case, charvel can obviously afford to be making guitars in the states and sold alot of them out, so why get greedy and take the production overseas?!

sorry anyway back to my point
    seen a model 88 that im pretty set on grabbing, after looking for a 2005 pointy for so long, its been near impossible to find one, but now that this model 88 has shown up, ive looked for one of those for a while too, rekon i should get the model 88 or hold out till my desired 2005 single hum floyded pointy pops up somewhere?

Dude, I see a lot of the pointy reissues... I don't see why you are having trouble finding one, unless it's a specific finish or something... :dunno:

The '88's are not too common in good shape anymore, though.

Comment

i do see them occasionally but theyre either way over priced $2000! or not the right specs
      im after one that has a floyd, and either single hum, or H/S at a push. also its GOT to have a maple board. so yeah im a little picky

but yeah the 88 isnt in tip top condition, but im just so tempted, i'd be so gutted if i bought the 88 though and didnt like it, then my dream pointy came along for the right price :/

Comment

Oh, maple board... Yeah, that makes sense. Those aren't as common from what I've seen.

I dunno what is not to like about the '88 unless you're just not sure about Mahogany. :dunno:

Comment

Did the '88s have maple boards? I thought they didn't.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

im only after a maple board on a 2005 pointy, the model 88 with its natural finish looks just fine with that rosewood
            but yeah thats the only thing im sure about, is the mahogany :/

Comment

Ah... Well your usual "go to" pickup isn't gonna work, so it will take some fiddling but you might end up with something you really like. I liked mine with a JB in it... There have only been two guitars I liked playing rhythm on that had JB's in them, and both were Mahogany.

I'm not saying the trick to Mahogany is the JB by any stretch, but just pointing out that a pickup I usually hate sounded way better than the one I usually use (Custom) in a Mahogany body.

Comment

interesting, im usually not a fan of the JB either, and my goto pickup would be an alnico II or a custom! so maybe i'll give the JB a try anyway
                thanks jazz

Comment

Working...
                X