Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Pro Mods

:idea:
    Seeing that Pro Mod production is moving to the land of the rising sun. I thought I'd start a thread.

won't be any diff, they have cnc there too : )
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Will there be a price difference?
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

If there is no price difference, then that would seem like a big FU to the customer.
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I'm betting there will be a street price difference.

Comment

their better with computers : ) might cost more! because really most all guitar work now a days, neck shape, body shape even putting the frets in are automated : )
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

as long as there made the same place MIJ jacksons are

Comment

If the quality and price/value ratio is where the Japanese Jacksons are, I'm OK with it. If they make them in Japan and charge $99 less, not so much.

Comment

I'm betting $699 with a case. Anymore and you'd never sell any - but people always ask stupid money for their guitars when they think they're worth more than they are.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    I'm betting $699 with a case. Anymore and you'd never sell any - but people always ask stupid money for their guitars when they think they're worth more than they are.
                    Like... ESP.

Comment

Among others...
                      Blank yo!

Comment

I bet that Ron has a nervous tic now and that there is a vein pulsing visibly in his forehead

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                        as long as there made the same place MIJ jacksons are
                        AND!

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                        their better with computers : ) might cost more! because really most all guitar work now a days, neck shape, body shape even putting the frets in are automated : )
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          I am betting the price won't go done. Like I said they are better at running computers and really thats all a pro mod Or the S.D is, from start to finish! you can think that your S.D is something special if you want! but its just a "CNC'D" guitar. the only thing todays S.D have in common with a real S.D is its called an S.D( Here's a good metaphor for you; a generic cigarette is a cigarette, but it is not a Marlboro! its value drops the minute you walk out the door with it! now you can get all pissy, but nothing that I have stated is false : )
                          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

It might be true, but that doesn't mean it can't be a little dumb, and beating a dead horse.

No one really expects the Pro Mods to re-live the glory days of San Dimas Strat-heads. You can kinda do that if you want to commission a Custom Shop guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                              ( Here's a good metaphor for you; a generic cigarette is a cigarette, but it is not a Marlboro!
                              Filthy smoker.

Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X