NGD and GODDAMNIT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD and GODDAMNIT!!

[pissed off rant]Yeah, as some of you may have guessed, my Charvel Model 6 arrived today. Oh well, I opened the case and wham! There it was. Model 4! wait.. what? Model 4!? the dude that sold me this guitar, didn't know it was model 4. He just assumed it's a model 6, since this guitar is white, it has sharkfins and JT-6 and it says charvel on the neck. The missing 2 frets didn't ring any bells? Or the fact that this is a BOLT ON and model 6 is a neckthrough. Damn I'm pissed right now. I mean FUKK!!! [/pissed off rant]
    Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
    Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

Originally posted by froststorm View Post
    [pissed off rant]Yeah, as some of you may have guessed, my Charvel Model 6 arrived today. Oh well, I opened the case and wham! There it was. Model 4! wait.. what? Model 4!? the dude that sold me this guitar, didn't know it was model 4. He just assumed it's a model 6, since this guitar is white, it has sharkfins and JT-6 and it says charvel on the neck. The missing 2 frets didn't ring any bells? Or the fact that this is a BOLT ON and model 6 is a neckthrough. Damn I'm pissed right now. I mean FUKK!!! [/pissed off rant]
    Complain to him and get your money back!

I presume this is off ebay?
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

didn't you see any pictures? You also missed strat/dinky body and neck binding are other differences.

Comment

I've already complained.. Luckily enough, this was finnish auction site, not evilbay. Oh well, the guys MOTHER called me just now. They're sending back my money and I'm sending the guitar back. Yeah, binding and body are different too, I missed them.
        Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5

Comment

FWIW - I'd rather have the Model 4...
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

I see. Well, mod 4 is not my cup of tea. So, my hunt for guitar continues and maybe it'll expand to ebay too.
            Gear currently owned:

Comment

Congrats on getting your money back
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                FWIW - I'd rather have the Model 4...
                Ok, I'll charge you the price of a Model 6 and give you a Model 4

And you better like it!

Comment

I've already complained.. Luckily enough, this was finnish auction site, not evilbay. Oh well, the guys MOTHER called me just now. They're sending back my money and I'm sending the guitar back. Yeah, binding and body are different too, I missed them.
                  You got lucky this time

Next time do your homework. Seller's don't. And it's in their best interest to advertise a lower guitar as a better guitar to fool the buyer.

Comment

Yeah.. The sellers mother who called me, seemed to be truely sorry.. Seller was 16 years old and they had bought the guitar as model 6. And they didn't seem to know anything about guitars anyway. Oh well, got my money back and all is well. Except that I still want a model 6! Damn rare to come by in finland.. I just found one with kahler, and it goes for 750 euros. Ouch. A bit too much for me right now.
                    Gear currently owned:

Comment

Caveat emptor...you're lucky the seller and his mother were honest. Good luck finding the Model 6 you're looking for...personally I'd prefer the Model 4 - that must be a sharp Model 4 you got - because I prefer bolt-ons...but those 5's and 6's are nice.

The Kahler I had on my first Model 4 years ago was ok...it worked fine, sounded fine, and never had any tuning problems. But I'd pass on those if Floyds were available.

I have half of my family there in Finland...I don't know how you people do it. When it's 35 deg F here, with no snow, we think we have it tough.

I've never been there in the winter, and doubt I ever would, but the summers are nice. Although short.

Terve!

Comment

[pissed off rant]Yeah, as some of you may have guessed, my Charvel Model 6 arrived today. Oh well, I opened the case and wham! There it was. Model 4! wait.. what? Model 4!? the dude that sold me this guitar, didn't know it was model 4. He just assumed it's a model 6, since this guitar is white, it has sharkfins and JT-6 and it says charvel on the neck. The missing 2 frets didn't ring any bells? Or the fact that this is a BOLT ON and model 6 is a neckthrough. [/pissed off rant]
                        You're pissed because you bought a guitar without any pics, and you assumed it was a Model 6? You = FAIL! :ROTF:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          Next time do your homework. Seller's don't.
                          Either do you! Sorry, RacerX is apparantly laying down on the job today.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Apparently. :ROTF:
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              It's "Neither".

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X