Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest E-Bay acquisitions....

Gee, I wonder what I am building???

Don't know what this body is yet, but whoever painted it did a prett damn good job. Neck is a Fender replacement, setup for Floyd nut. No Finish!

Total spent...$100.00.

Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

does that guitar come with a set of really bad teeth? :ROTF:

good job on the minimal spendage there! you got a lot for not much $.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Damn, I like that neck. I want to make a Dave Murray/Iron Maiden strat with it.

Comment

Good catch Mike...kudos bro.
        Do you the wood type of the body?
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap
          Good catch Mike...kudos bro.
          Do you the wood type of the body?
          I have no idea...auction said "solid wood" and that is it. I guess I will see when I get it. I do know that one of the Floyd holes is trashed, so if I want to Floyd it I have to dowel it. I may build this as a transition Frankie...with a full pickguard and a vintage trem...I ordered a white single hum PG today. Ed used the fully routed H-S-S PG, because he had a tele PU in the middle and the MightyMite in the neck..but I am not building an "exact" copy...if I were I wouldn't have bought this body, since the wood is most likely not Ash and the paint is a bit off. This is kind of a "spirit of Frankie" project....

I am still torn on the headstock..leave it bare or paint it black. Actually, he had the Boogie Bodies CBS neck on when he had the white PG, but he had he black Charvel neck on around the same time...it really doesn't matter!!!

I just hope it doesn't sound like ass. I am going to use my Hybrid Duncan '59/Custom in this. We will see. I still need a bridge and some tuners...so I have to decide if I am going Floyd or vintage....if I go Floyd I am SO tempted to go old school and use a non-fine tuner. Ed always had a fine tuner on this though..the non was on the B&Y.

Oh well, options, options.....

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
          X