Edwards page Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards page Review

Well, It Finally arrived the other day. Ive spent a few days with it and took it to band rehersal last night. I can say that this is really fast going to become a Favorite LP. The guitar has a Laquer finish, nicely aged. The neck shape is somewhere between a 59 and 60 Gibson shape. (I have another Edwards and it has a 58 baseball bat shape). After the Typical setup, The guitar just ripped. With the thin Finish and Duncan Custom, It seems a little on the bright side, so i think another Bridge pickup is in order, but overall its a well spent 950 bucks.
    Is it on par with Custom shop LP's?? No, but its 1/4 the price.
    Is it on par with anything in the Regular Production Gibson Plant? Yep..... and less than half the price of a new Std plus this has a Long Neck Tenon.
    Im taking it to the Gig this weekend... .... Im Stoked.....

Pics later tonight
    Last edited by toddstaples; 05-04-2006, 07:45 PM.
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Glad you are happy with it. I have been looking at the Edwards SG Custom online. It really looks nice, but having owned a Gibson, I just don't know if I will be happy with it.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If you can get over the Name, I cant recomend them enough. I started looking at these because I wanted a LP I could take to a gig and not really worry about. Turns out its on par with most anything out there......
      I cant recomend them enough.

Originally posted by StukaJU87
      Glad you are happy with it. I have been looking at the Edwards SG Custom online. It really looks nice, but having owned a Gibson, I just don't know if I will be happy with it.
      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Great to know. I've wanted one for a while.

Comment

Pictures please!

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I've heard nothing but good things about Edwards l.p.'s. Congrats - this one sounds cool.

(Oh yeah - pics!)

craig

Comment

Its goin to the gig tonight, so tomorrow I promise......

Comment

Those are nice axes! Let's face it, the Japs are damn fine guitar builders. I've never owned a Japanese built guitar that I didn't like.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yes, bring on the pics!!!!

The one thing I worry about with the Edwards guitars is they all seem to have a thick neck, at least the ones on Ebay do. The neck on this one seems nice, how do you rate the two different necks?

Comment

pics pics pics!!

How would you compare the body thickness to a gibson LP?

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                      I've never owned a Japanese built guitar that I didn't like.
                      +1 over here

Comment

My camera broke, so Im gonna post the pics they sent me before It was shipped.
                        Thickness? Identical to a LP in most every way.

[
                        Originally posted by xjimmyleungx
                        pics pics pics!!

How would you compare the body thickness to a gibson LP?

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby
                          Yes, bring on the pics!!!!

The one thing I worry about with the Edwards guitars is they all seem to have a thick neck, at least the ones on Ebay do. The neck on this one seems nice, how do you rate the two different necks?
                          My other edwards (85 series) has a baseball bat. This one is "almost" identical to my 94 standard. Bigger than a 60 taper, but smaller than the current 50's style.....

Comment

Working...
                          X