Strat mutt finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat mutt finished

I got her all slapped together the other day. I still have the gold tuners on there, waiting to get some black ones to match the hardware. I took the alder body from a Mexi-Strat, Mighty Mite birdseye maple/maple neck, blacked out all the hardware, and got a Warmoth white pearloid single hum pickguard loaded with a Seymour Duncan A5 59/Custom hybrid pickup. I drilled the hole for the volume way out of the fucking way of my picking hand. Other than that, it's set up to flat out rock. It sounds amazing and plays great. Now I can't wait to start my next project.

Before

After

Very nice, the neck looks great
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

very cool, that's a rockin' combo.

btw, Trav, is that you? The renaming of user ids is confusing the feck outta me.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

very nice job and good choices!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Looks great, Travis!

Comment

Awesome use of that neck I sent ya! Looks like she found a good home!

Comment

Yeah, I'm really liking it so far. The only other thing I might do is toss in a DPDT switch to split either coil and give me a couple more options. Hopefully that isn't considered blasphemy concerning a single hum strat.

Comment

Lookin good! The pearloid guard looks great on the black versus how shitty its brother (I have one for a floyd too) looks on my green strat.

Comment

Thanks. I really like the way it turned out.

Comment

Working...
                  X