need help on PRS valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on PRS valuation

How much would this guitar be worth? It's being offered by a non-forum member as trade bait for one of my guitars. It's a custom 22 built in nov, 2004. I really know nothing about PRS's, but would be interested in trying one out for the right price. The color is mateo blue and the original dragon II pickups are available (it currently has jb/jazz combo). the hardshell case is original. Thanks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Re: need help on PRS valuation

those are worth at least $1500 on the used market, i think, because i think they are around $2k or moe new...I have a CE24 that was over $1k new, and I'll never part with it...

Comment

I have a 2003 10 top similar to yours, but with the half-moon dot inlays..paid $1625. The 'birds' inlays always add several hundred $. I was going to say this would sell for $1800 to $2000, then did a quick check on ebay, and yep that's at least what Custom 22 w/birds are going for, including this one that's listed there!

Also, my advice is to keep the Duncans in it! I did not like the bridge Dragon pickup, and never played it because of that. Duncan just came out with their nickel/chrome covered JB and I put that in mine (so it looks same as stock if you prefer the 'classic' PRS look) and MAN O MAN, the guitar came alive with the JB in the bridge. Now I play it all the time! A friend put the nickel covered JB in his PRS that had McCarty pickups, and sounds awesome in his too!

Comment

I'd say $1600-1900 if it's dead mint or close. Whether they suck or not PRS pups are just stupid expensive so I'd personally subtract $100-150 if you can't get those. Subtract at least another $300 from that if there are any dings at all no matter how small (the PRS crowd is hyper-anal about this). If it has a few dings and no PRS pups you might be looking at something closer to $1200-1400.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

cheers everyone! mountaindog, thanks for the heads up on the ebay auction!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            those are worth at least $1500 on the used market, i think, because i think they are around $2k or moe new...I have a CE24 that was over $1k new, and I'll never part with it...

[/ QUOTE ]

They go for 1K$ or over USED. New they are almost 2K$

Comment

$1500 since they changed out the pickups. maybe in the $1600-%1800 range is it's all mint and original.

Comment

I'd say $1,800 the way it is. That rosewood neck has some interesting grain to it. Almost Brazilian looking.

Comment

Is that a 10-top?
                  I will make a $400-$500 swing.
                  I don't know if it is the flash, but it almost looks Emerald Green and not Blue Matteo.
                  BM is kind of the color of the moment for PRSi. Probably would add $100-$1560 to it, if it is.

No 10-top, BM I would say - $1600-$1700
                  10-top and BM - $2000
                  Assuming there is nothing else wrong with it, ala nicks, scratches, dents.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well, the guitar is now gone...buy-it-now done on the ebay auction, so I guess a) it answers the question of its value, and b) it's no longer trade bait...but he should have cash now!
                    ebay auction

Comment

Working...
                    X