Mexican Strat vs Jackson JS30 shapes vs Squier std

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Strat vs Jackson JS30 shapes vs Squier std

Yeah I think the thread about the beat up guitar isn't accurate enough...
    I could just respect my budget and get a Squier standard Tele/Strat, or go a little below and get a '51 (most likely so far) or an Affinity Tele/Strat (yet to be decided)
    I can go a little overboard and get a JS30 Kelly or Warrior but that'd be at least 40 euros more than the Squier Standards.
    Or I could shell out 200 euros more and get a Mexican Fender.
    Whatever I buy, I'll just tweak it. Locking tuners, new electronics, some funky wiring maybe, change the bridge or saddles, eh well who knows. That's why I want a beater guitar for it. But I want it to be worth my money and time. Here in Europe even cheap guitars need investment so I won't give up money for crap, I want the best thing little money can buy. If it's Fender compatible it's even better.

Re: Mexican Strat vs Jackson JS30 shapes vs Squier std

Don't get a Squier, they're crap!

You could do better with a JS30, at least it's going to be made of solid wood

Comment

Re: Mexican Strat vs Jackson JS30 shapes vs Squier std

Agathis IS a solid wood... I won't go for the bullet...

Comment

Re: Mexican Strat vs Jackson JS30 shapes vs Squier

ive got a mexican fender strat, and a jackson JS20 and i can say the mexican strat is far better in every aspect. it is a VERY good playing guitar if you set it up right. I plopped a humbucker in there and made it shred like hell!

the JS20 was my first guitar, and for 200 bucks its a good deal. but the thing couldnt hold tune for the life of it. if you replaced the plastic nut and got some good tuning machines, (and good pickups) im sure it could play great. i put a JB in mine and i really liked the sound of it, just didnt play too well

Comment

Why not just get another model series charvel, shouldn´t cost more then mex strat, or?

Comment

Here in Europe it would be about the same and my budget doesn't reach this far, I'd have to save up more if I want a MIM strat.

Comment

Working...
            X