What Kato Has Been Upto...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kato Has Been Upto...

Well I figured it was time I finally got busy over the past six months and actually got something accomplished. Decided I was going to take the plunge and start my own guitar company. throwback guitars with my own personal touch. Sold a few rarities in my collection and now currently working on 6 new axes. My eventual goal is to produce them in smaller numbers (50 per year) in some cool finishes and have some fun learning new things along the way.

The blue guitar is a Kato Classic alder body in Blue Sky finish. It has a 2 point tremolo and Seymour Duncan California 50’s pickups. Combined with the maple neck the guitar sounds awesome.

The pink guitar (a one off) was painted by Will Scott of Graveyard Carz and was done in a PPG Deltron basecoat clearcoat. It has a Dimarzio Super Distortion 3 in the bridge and an Illuminator in the neck. Neck is maple with an aanj neck joint. All other hardware is Gotoh. I am still waiting on the truss rod cover to get back from the engraver. I am working on a custom case in pink tolex to match the guitar. I plan to sell this one off for charity as well as another I currently have done and listed.

I have several more I’m currently working on and as soon as I get more progress made I’ll post some updates with better pictures. It has been pretty hard working on all of this stuff after having covid and some other health related issues but I am doing my best. One thing I can tell you for sure is that quality both physically and tonally are two of my highest priorities. I want things to be perfect when they sell and get shipped. You only get one chance to do it right and I am trying my best. I am no build master but I am driven and hope all of this works out. If it doesn't then I have some new guitars all to myself lol I plan to have at least 7 guitars done by April. I am almost halfway to that goal. What are your thoughts so far? Also for all you Floyd guys rest assured I those are being built too! Just wait until you see them!

However here are some pictures of the guitars so far.

Last edited by katorocks; 01-16-2022, 01:36 AM. Reason: Fixed Typos and added a pic

For some reason two things are missing on my end from my original post. I have a custom engraved truss rod cover for the pink guitar ordered just waiting for it's arrival. here is a picture of the headstock on the Blue Sky guitar (Kato Classic).

Comment

That's a Nice looking Blue!

Best of luck with your endeavors!

Comment

Thank you very much trying my best. Not trying to be astronomically huge but definitely trying to make an impact. I don’t want to sell thousands per year even though eventually that would be nice. i’m comfortable doing smaller numbers but I don’t consider myself boutique either even though I can do that sort of thing.

Comment

What colors would you guys like to see on a guitar? So far my options are Royal Blue, Blue Sky, Sonic Blue, British Racing Green, Black (bleh), White, Silver Sparkle, Gold Sparkle, Shoreline Gold, Pink Sparkle, Candy Red, Red Sparkle, Silver Sparkle, Seafoam Green, Blue & Green Chameleon, and I am working on a custom orange color very soon.

Comment

I’ll post another update in here very soon as I have a couple of Guitar’s deep in progress there almost completed and I’ve completed another one.

Comment

That's really cool. Sparkle colors and a Floyd always catch my eye.

Comment

This one changes colors its purple chameleon. i’m not revealing what hardware I chose until the project is 100% completed. The pickups are Seymour Duncan SSL-1. The hardware is unique

Comment

Working...
                X