Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    That looks great! Nice job.

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

Go forth and prosper ( or just make some long island goodness)

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    Well done!

I like the matte weathered look and the mostly black hardware (but will probably also really pop when you install the chrome hardware), but I also liked the gloss look seen earlier in the thread. I can empathize with the frustration you noted when you chewed through the clearcoat and hitting the color during the sanding process.
    Thank you NOTP. I did respray it with clear coat (notice the switch reflection) it was from the crafts section of Wal-Mart as was the clothes dye, never worked with any of these materials before.
    Note that while this post is two months old (I didn't spend but hours on it besides re-sanding the green off and re-clearing it and sanding that too) I'm satisfied with it (could I have used paint and done better, yes) Cheap was my goal and something nice to look at lol.

anyway this is all I've used( besides tru-oil)

20211002_201917_HDR~2[1].jpg

Leave a comment:

• Number Of The Priest
    replied
    Well done!

I like the matte weathered look and the mostly black hardware (but will probably also really pop when you install the chrome hardware), but I also liked the gloss look seen earlier in the thread. I can empathize with the frustration you noted when you chewed through the clearcoat and hitting the color during the sanding process.

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Well, done and sounds great!
    That will be all till I have gotten my silver stuff (pickup rings, knob, waterslide) go forth and make you plenty long Islands. I think it's pretty close to being Un-Fucked

20211001_233128_HDR[1].jpg

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
    Rockin' in the Evening??
    Ha, could only find 5 tuner washers (used black ones instead) could only find one silver bridge post (used black instead) it's late and I'm just gonna string it up.

20211001_222743_HDR[1].jpg

Leave a comment:

• JJ119
    replied
    Rockin' in the Evening??

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Rollin'

20211001_104010[1].jpg

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Hard to get a pic too much light you just see reflection. have to get it just right to see the wood grain

20210930_140013_HDR[1].jpg

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Fitted the neck today. Everything is done besides waterslide (then just tru oil over it) on head stock and electronics and hardware put on, the easy stuff

20210930_110412_HDR.jpg

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
    Yeah. Just something about 'em...they don't fit "the sound in my head."
    To be honest, I probably won't be playing it much anyway. I tried to find out by the plate the year and washburn sucks at dating stuff...I think it's an earlier one because the newer stuff has floyd specials and FTR-1000, could be wrong though since it was white when I got it.

I'm just waiting on some tru oil for the neck

Leave a comment:

• FloydRose4Prez
    replied
    Yeah. Just something about 'em...they don't fit "the sound in my head."

Leave a comment:

• john.w.lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
    Mine has the Lawrence USA. I'm swapping that out too.
    I've never had this one before had a bill and becky that was'nt bad. I have four or five humbuckers to put in it if the USA one sucks It only cost like 54. So no biggy

20210922_174812_HDR[1].jpg
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-22-2021, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X