Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people like the Raised Grain look.

Personally I don't.

By the pic, it looks like a nice Natural Grain.

Are you planning on keeping it like that, or do you plan on a Raised Grain?

By your description I take it that you will keep it
    Natural.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
      Some people like the Raised Grain look.

Personally I don't.

By the pic, it looks like a nice Natural Grain.

Are you planning on keeping it like that, or do you plan on a Raised Grain?

By your description I take it that you will keep it
      Natural.
      Yeah, just some stain is all and some clear. shouldn't look much different , just darker. Prices are dropping and I just couldn't put the time into it. This should be done this weekend.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Well shti !!

I'll have a Long Island in honor of the completion of

Operation Un fuck !!

Comment

Well shti !!

I'll have a Long Island in honor of the completion of

Operation Un fuck !!
          Oh, it's gonna be interesting, trust me. Just started fucking with dyes today, gonna stain the sides and back after I fuck around a little more with it.

20210911_135240[1].jpg 20210911_151219_HDR[1].jpg

Attached Files
          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-11-2021, 04:40 PM.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Interesting change from that Dark to Light.
            Was there a lot of sanding to get that shade?

I haven't ever used a stain before so I don't know the outcomes.

But I CAN make a good Long Island

Comment

Interesting change from that Dark to Light.
              Was there a lot of sanding to get that shade?

I haven't ever used a stain before so I don't know the outcomes.

But I CAN make a good Long Island
              it's dye bro, its not done either. I'm gonna mess with the dye a bit see what happens, its real easy to work with. Once it's all shinny it'll be done, tomorrow ,or Monday night latest. I'll stain the sides and back a black cherry.

Oh, it's black and blue dyes, not hard at all really

Comment

Two coats of semi-closs. needs sanded (where it looks foggy or dull) and spray it again. Side note, if you haven't worked with water base dyes, do a piece of wood first, they don't take rattle can clear well. I know PRS ,Gibson and Jackson/Charvel use them. I'm doing this with shit from Walmart lol
                Everything Zen " I don't think so"

20210914_134058[1].jpg
                Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-15-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Getting there.
                  Need to sand and spray once more then really sand up to 2400 then buff by hand.

20210915_161531[1].jpg

Comment

Oh, went to Gloss. I was sanding and hit dye as I started seeing purple in my sandpaper water at 1000 grit, so went with thicker gloss. You can still see the wood pattern though!
                    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-15-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Lookin' Good!!

Comment

Lookin' Good!!
                        yeah, wasn't dry yet (set it outside in the sun for four five hours). I'm gonna do the neck later today if the wind dies down by the time i get home

Comment

Well fuck IDK what to do! I sanded the body down (didn't hit dye( thankfully) but I'm not sure weather I want matte or semi or go all out and breakout the buffing wheel......UGH I'm kinda going for the weathered barn wood look really..Fuck it lol

To go forward you must go what looks to be back, but isn't

20210917_161311_HDR[1].jpg

Then you can move a little forward to semi

20210917_161249[1].jpg

I'm not easy, I don't go all the way right off the bat..

Have a Rockin' weekend guys!

Attached Files

Comment

Personally I think the 2nd pic looks pretty good.

For the weathered barn wood look. IDK maybe around the usual wear areas, make them matte,
                            maybe a worn spot that shows a bit of the wood??

Comment

Personally I think the 2nd pic looks pretty good.

For the weathered barn wood look. IDK maybe around the usual wear areas, make them matte,
                              maybe a worn spot that shows a bit of the wood??
                              By the way, the second is about what a matte finish would look like. I had not used the scratch remover yet.

This is more of a semi gloss( probably consider a gloss by most). Haven't buffed it, because I need to tape it (just wiping it with paper towels puts lines in it) and do the sides and the back. Then I'll probably use scratch remover again and use hardening buffing compound
                              Neck just needs wet sanding( or wiped with a wet cloth) its already layered black blue black blue black...As the body was, its been very windy
                              That's paste it the trem area

20210919_085340[1].jpg
                              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-19-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Hey what Floyd are you gonna put in there? I have to get rid of the Special I have in N24 - it's garbage.
                                8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Working...
                                X