Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender-ish guitar new to me

20210517_144024.jpg 20210517_144048_HDR.jpg

Well it's something. plays good, nuts to high probably came with the non branded trem. Those things are always too tall. I have a few locking nuts laying around, a schaller or two as well. Sounds good. Plays like a charvel model series.
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-17-2021, 10:40 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

That`s danged cool!! I love the color.

Comment

Yeah, that is really cool!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Yeah, that is really cool!
        Now if I only knew what it was? The neck doesn't go to the body, the body has 80's floyd rose bushings and inserts which probably cost more the the cheapo bridge it has.
        Fuck I don't want to take it apart, I'm so tire of working on stuff. I just want to play....ugh
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Well, as long as it plays well, fuck it, don't worry about it and play it!

Comment

Well, as long as it plays well, fuck it, don't worry about it and play it!
            Yeah, I love mutts anyway. I am bidding on a frt-1000 to put on it. I'm like you, I like carvin's too

Comment

Cool! I've got a Carvin bolt-on neck laying around I need to eventually do something with.

Comment

Cool! I've got a Carvin bolt-on neck laying around I need to eventually do something with.

If it's like this one let me know.. That thing was badass!!!

USA jackson and USA carvin.jpg

Comment

I don't have a pic of it at the moment, but the neck basically looks like this, ebony board, with a chrome Floyd nut, except the neck plate is the older rectangle where it would fit on a Fender.

Comment

I don't have a pic of it at the moment, but the neck basically looks like this, ebony board, with a chrome Floyd nut, except the neck plate is the older rectangle where it would fit on a Fender.

that mutt has a neck plate like the one in your pic says fender something California

Comment

Like this? i have an ESP body with kinda the same shape plate. You can tell someone grinded the back of the guitar for that plate, because they didn't grind enough lol (maybe not, it looks kinda like the carvin does) Oh, I also have a BC rich strat body with a kahler that has the square one like jacksons and other normal guitars.

20210526_114840_HDR.jpg
                      Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-26-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

No, mine is a standard heel for any regular Fender-type body before they went to that angled heel cut. That pic was just a reference as to what my neck looks similar to. I'll try to get a pic later, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to finally use it on an older Fender body with Charvel H/S pickguard I've had laying around for years.

Comment

No, mine is a standard heel for any regular Fender-type body before they went to that angled heel cut. That pic was just a reference as to what my neck looks similar to. I'll try to get a pic later, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to finally use it on an older Fender body with Charvel H/S pickguard I've had laying around for years.
                          Sounds like a good plan. I'm thinking about putting that revs idian jackson neck on the esp because it a kami bomber lynch body, just don't know if it will scale out right

Comment

Working...
                          X