No announcement yet.

Any love for Carvin Ultras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Kiesel has a new (to me anyway) design based on the Ultra...

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Yeah, that V-Type just came out last year. I like it a lot, but I don't really care for headless guitars.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it's not that I inherently dislike the aesthetic of headless guitars, but playing one definitely makes you a nerd by association

Comment

I like the Ultra V, but prefer the V220 and X220. I love Kahler Pro trems as well, but Jeff Kiesel hates Kahler to the core for some reason. He has been looking for a good multi-scale trem and when people mention Kahler makes them he laughs and mocks Kahler. He`s a weird dude for sure.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. His attitude is not great.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              I like the Ultra V, but prefer the V220 and X220. I love Kahler Pro trems as well, but Jeff Kiesel hates Kahler to the core for some reason. He has been looking for a good multi-scale trem and when people mention Kahler makes them he laughs and mocks Kahler. He`s a weird dude for sure.
              Well, since back then, they did equip the Carvins with Kahlers, perhaps he got shafted when Kahler decided Golfclubs were a better bet?
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post

Well, since back then, they did equip the Carvins with Kahlers, perhaps he got shafted when Kahler decided Golfclubs were a better bet?
                jeff kiesel would have been a wee baby back when carvin was still putting kahlers on their guitars, so who knows

Comment

He seems to still act like a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                    He seems to still act like a baby.

Comment

Ya, Jeff was really young back when they used Kahlers. If they got shafted, I could understand in a way. I still think they should give Kahler another chance. They only reason they may not is the prices of Kahlers have really gone up. It could be that, but I feel it`s probably more because Jeff hates Kahler for some odd reason. He has almost nixed or changed all of the old models as he is way more modern than me. For being only 10 years apart, he likes way more modern guitars than i do. He also doesn`t like the 25" scale length of the old guitars. He is totally different than his dad and his dad(Mark) has pretty much given Jeff free reign of the companhy. Jeff also hates Hardshell cases as well. He is really different than i would like in his mindset and design. He even got rid of the Floyd Rose option on the set neck model guitars. He doesn`t like Floyd Roses at all either.

Comment

Something wicked this way comes....

Comment

So I have another Ultra that blows the above one away. When I get a chance, I'll post pics. This thing is fucking gorgeous.

Eh...here's a glimpse. Doesn't do it justice.

Stainless steel frets rock.
                          Last edited by Sanctuary; 06-29-2021, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Man, that is sweet! Congrats.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice! is that koa?

Comment

It's Figured Claro Walnut. Certainly does look like Koa, which the other one is...

Comment

Working...
                                X