Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a new guitar (has not arrived yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new guitar (has not arrived yet)

So it's been a wacky few days, I ordered an E-ii ST-1 but the seller apparently had already sold it elsewhere and had neglected to verify that he deleted the ad on reverb. So money refunded...
    And then christmas day my friends wife had a complete and total fucking meltdown on me because apparently I was following some person that's evil (literally just a random follow by me because she's a goth chick and there was nothing in the profile to suggest they new eachother so, it was out of the fucking blue) so, after that gave me a fucking migraine I decided to look for something I have always wanted.

An Ibanez Destroy II Phil Collen Signature. And boy did I find a few, and all well outside my price range. So I decided to look and see what used PC1's were going for and uhm and quickly realized people are fucking insane.

Then I remembered, there was guitar that sort of looked like a Phil Collen destroyer, and had a sustainer like the PC1 (Well not the specific one but a sustainer.)

So I bought it.

A Schecter E-1 FR-S Special Edition in trans purple burst. https://www.schecterguitars.com/guit...edition-detail

AND it's looking like my Sully will be coming around sooner rather than later, so I am loaded up
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

That’s a nice one for sure!
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

jackson needs to take a cue from schecter and offer mop inlays on some imports

looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

Nice! Always thought their take on the Explorer was pretty cool.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Nice! Always thought their take on the Explorer was pretty cool.
          Nods, it really reminds me of the Destroyer so I am super excited. It should be here on Tuesday, the case (sold separately which really irks me but whatever) is arriving today. so maybe I'll put some photos of my NCD

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
            Then I remembered, there was guitar that sort of looked like a Phil Collen destroyer, and had a sustainer like the PC1 (Well not the specific one but a sustainer.)
            Jackson X-Stroyer.

Comment

while we're on the subject of phil collen, anybody ever see out in the wild one of the artist proof pc-1's he and jackson did like 10 years ago? would have been something else to see that kind of paint on an explorer

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                anybody ever see out in the wild one of the artist proof pc-1's he and jackson did like 10 years ago?

The splatter, as seen in the above pic and below video?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  The splatter
                  AKA "Clown Puke"
                  Or: "How to demand an idiotic amount for workmanship any 5-year old can do"

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

The splatter, as seen in the above pic and below video?
                    yeah, I was on the phone with my old man a few months back and mentioned my cs order, and he went on about that pawn stars episode, which is actually what informed me about that run. was just curious if anyone had seen one in the flesh or in the wild or whatever.

i'm sure it would really tie a room together

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

Nods, it really reminds me of the Destroyer so I am super excited. It should be here on Tuesday, the case (sold separately which really irks me but whatever) is arriving today. so maybe I'll put some photos of my NCD
                      Reminds me of the Destroyer, too. I also dig Jackson's X-Stroyer, especially the Phil Demmel models.

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...pdt/2916002576

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...-pd/2916063533
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wonder why Adrian Smith hasn't been spotted playing his X-Stroyer very much. It really harks back to classic The Number of the Beast tour era Ibanez Destroyer.

Comment

eakinj

Congratulations!!

Nice looking guitar.

Are you planning to give a review when you've played it for a while?
                          Last edited by JJ119; 01-07-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
                            eakinj

Congratulations!!

Nice looking guitar.

Are you planning to give a review when you've played it for a while?
                            Yes, I'll be posting pictures etc this weekend. The shop I bought it from sold it "as new" but it was obviously a floor model and used, there's some paint chips where the strap button goes and there was something smudged all over the back. so I have cleaned it up and changed strings etc. It's my first guitar with a sustainer so that'll take some getting used to. love the guitar, should have bought one through sweetwater instead though.

Comment

Working...
                            X