Ngd - prs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd - prs

So I've wanted a PRS for about 20 years. Thought about picking one up in the early 2000s but just never did. After looking at the newer bolt-on CE24s for awhile, I decided I didn't care for the white plastic bird inlays too much and just decided to go with the older CE24 from 1997 with its abalone dots, plus I think the deeper bowl archtop (like their regular core models) looks a little better than the newer ones that are more shallow.
    Royal Blue (whose top has faded quite a bit to a grayish... seems a lot of their blue guitars tend to fade after sunlight exposure). Original PRS pickups are long gone and someone put in a Duncan Pearly Gates set. Original wing locking tuners were also replaced with their newer locking tuners (old ones were in the case). The owner had 8s on it, so I had to get rid of those spider webs and put on some 10s. Great feeling wide/thin neck (it's really not that wide considering it's a 1 11/16" nut width like most guitars, and the back of the neck isn't real thin like an Ibanez or old Jackson).
    I dig the feel of the 10" board radius on this, never really cared for anything rounder than 12" before, but this plays great, and their trem stays in tune real well.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Man that is nice. The CE24 is the Marty McFly 2015 guitar in Back to the Future Part II. Nobody calls me chicken, Needles... nobody!

Comment

Thanks. I forgot all about Marty's guitar! haha I see he's got a toggle switch. I'm not sure about the five-way rotary selector yet, but I may eventually swap in a toggle if I can't get used to it.

Comment

it must have been ages since I saw Part II, because I don't remember that scene at all either! cool geetar!

Comment

Congratulations!!

She's a Sweet Lookin' Babe.

Comment

Early Xmas gift for myself, which my wife said she'll give me money towards. And got this new suede PRS strap in from Sweetwater yesterday, too.

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations!!!

Comment

Thanks. These things are so comfy to play!

Comment

That is really nice. I love the case as well!! I wonder if the make one like that with a Floyd?

Comment

Thanks, Jack. I know they make certain newer models with Floyds.

Comment

Nice guitar Joe! I look at red PRS' every now and then.

They do have the odd Floyd model, and there is an SE with a Floyd. If one of those showed up in red for a good price I'd be in trouble. Probably have to swap out the Floyd, but the routing is done!

Comment

The PRS trem is actually pretty nice and stays in tune well. I also like the G&L trems a lot. I do miss the Floyd here and there, but can't really complain.

Comment

I'm willing to give a real PRS trem a go, but I can't justify getting a PRS. I've seen some very nice red ones!!!

Never say never!

Comment

The older bolt-on models like mine are like real carved Core bodies with the real trems, they can be found for decent prices. The newer CE24 models have a shallow carve and molded trem, but supposedly stay in tune pretty well, also. Not sure I could justify spending a lot more on a Core set-neck model, either.

Comment

I would go for something older, I know PRS have been cheapening things as they got bigger, more $$$ saved! But NO!!!! No more guitars!!! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X