Washburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn

Washburns get little to no love unless they are key models. Some of them play great but... I am not about to try and figure out Michaelangelo Batio on a MG series. However I did recently score an EC-29. Any love for these odd 29 fret wonders here? Anyone else play them?

I've got a '80s japanese HM-20V with a repaired body break on my workbench, making progress towards a refinish. haven't even played it yet as I bought it as a project.

Comment

All of these projects seem to get us in deep don't they?

Comment

My Indo Nuno is good but doesn't keep tune very well. Gonna put some heavier gauge genuine Floyd springs in.
        8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

hale yes thsoe are DOPE guitars are you kidding? what a score!

like a dumarse I let a Washburn MG-104 go the other day for about $500 at auction, I should have bid $700 on it and got it, had the OHSC and it was a MAPLE NECK! thats the made in USA model and it appeared to be in pretty good shape with arm bar as well... not sure how I just watched that one go like that now I'm having bad dreams about it.. whover scored that one has major wood no jokes, prolly a $2600 guitar or so..

i woulsnt wanna put a price on yours too rare, too nice, hows it play? sound? vids man vids!

Washburn makes and made some great guitars, lotta hair guys played a lot of em in the day, they never stuck cuz apparently the big boys didnt endorse em... silly, but allows us to get better deals

Comment

I need to get it setup and then give a review and demo. It is kinda funky reaching for those lower frets but I guess I might get used to it? Thought about maybe selling it as I have my eye on something extremely cool that has been on my bucket list for a while but I don't think I can.

Comment

By the way does anyone else dislike Ernie Ball products?

Comment

Originally posted by katorocks View Post
                Their guitars build quality is good. Their strings are strings. Dont know about any of their other products but i wouldnt say i dislike them.

Comment

Originally posted by katorocks View Post
                  not a fan of slinky strings, but that's just a personal preference. their stuff is good quality.

Comment

I have been really sick lately and sadly enough I am having to sell some stuff so this one just got setup and a little wiring quirk was sorted out and she is now on reverb :-( If my health doesn't improve I will have to sell more.

Comment

Working...
                    X