Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one to choose and why?

Guys,

I've decided to buy a decent Super Strat type of guitar because of comfort reasons; my main axes are all pointy but traveling with them makes things difficult (they take up too much space due to cumbersome cases). The criteria is: 24 frets, 2 humbuckers, floating tremolo, and any color as long as it's black (kidding, white, natural and purple are also options); I'm not picky if it's bolt-on or neck-thru. Inverted headstock is a plus.

I've been considering these options, and I'd like to know if any of you have tried one of these:
    • Second hand Ibanez RG Prestige.
    • Second hand Jackson Stars Soloist.
    • New BC Rich Shredzilla.
    • Any other suggestion you can make; I'm all ears.

I don't have the possibility to try any of those in person, since I live outside the US. If I'm going to buy anything it's almost impossible to return it if I don't like it, and that's why your input is so valuable to me.

Thanks!

I haven't played any of the specifics above, but I'll say I do not like the wizard necks so if you're thinking about the ibanez try to at least play some kind of RG first.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      I haven't played any of the specifics above, but I'll say I do not like the wizard necks so if you're thinking about the ibanez try to at least play some kind of RG first.
      Well actually I like Ibanez necks; I've had some Ibanez in the past (not high end, though) and found the neck very comfortable.

Comment

What is your budget?

Comment

Going on those three, I'd pick the Jackson Stars Soloist. You'll have a great Japanese-made guitar.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
            What is your budget?
            $1,300 tops

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Going on those three, I'd pick the Jackson Stars Soloist. You'll have a great Japanese-made guitar.
              That's what I thought, but the Ibanez Prestige is Japanese too.

Comment

The new Dinky Pro Series are nice and can be had around $1,000 USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Satanhead View Post

That's what I thought, but the Ibanez Prestige is Japanese too.
                  Well, RGs aren't bad, but I've always preferred the contours and feel of a Jackson Soloist/Dinky body over that of an Ibanez RG.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Schecter Sun Valley - I see, read good things.
                    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Working...
                    X