Nice Dean E'Lite (Caddy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Dean E'Lite (Caddy)

Just got a sweet Cherry Sunburst Dean E'Lite (pronounced E-Light) a/k/a Cadillac as they're all known as now. This is from World Guitars in Korea made around 1998. Has the "duck bill" headstock instead of the typical V. Slightly thinner body than a typical Caddy or Les Paul. Found it on GC's site for $339 and just couldn't pass it up.
    The plastic is still on the truss rod and cavity control covers. A little bit of tarnishing on the gold hardware, mostly on the tailpiece which is pretty much silver in the middle. Whatever Asian pickups are in this thing sound pretty good, and the tone knobs are push/pull coil splits. Weighs a little under 9 pounds.
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Love 'em heavy with some Shrimp!!

Comment

It's a Les Paul killer! This is the duck bill. The shrimp fork headstocks are actually smaller, and I'd love to find one of those, too. Here's the one Steve Clark owned.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice score!

Comment

Thanks! Been wanting another single-cut for awhile and got rid of my Les Paul Studio a few years ago. Always liked the Dean Cadillac with its half Explorer/half LP look, just don't care too much for the real big Dean V headstocks, so this was perfect.

Comment

Ah, you`re right bro. Never noticed that about the difference in the headstocks!! I love Dean`s!! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks, Jack. It's really a blast to play. My wife is loving it and told me I made a great choice. I think I'll keep both!

Comment

Congrats! Very cool score.

Comment

Very nice! I had a Cadillac a few years ago, great guitar but really heavy, and with a neck like a cricket bat! I'd like to try another one, I really like the shape

Comment

Luckily, these E'Lite models have thinner bodies to keep the weight down a little. This is about as heavy as I like. The neck isn't real thick, either.

Comment

Working...
                    X