Squier HM Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squier HM Strat

Just wanted to make you guys aware. Squier is selling this awesome superstrat and the price is crazy low. Yes, it has a licensed floyd and squire active pickups, but go play one. The trem stays in tune after heavy abuse and the pickups actually sound pretty good. I got mine, stamped USED on the headstock for $250. I plays better than the price would lead you to think.

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/squier...320327510.html
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwctF76BnM0/

i dunno why they gave it the cbs stock

Comment

This is actually called a Squier Contemporary Active Stratocaster HH, right? The Squier HM Strat was a different model.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        This is actually called a Squier Contemporary Active Stratocaster HH, right? The Squier HM Strat was a different model.
        yea, I know, but that's a long name.

Comment

Thanks for this post, It peeked my interest and I just got one arrived today for $319. I definitely agree with you, these are very nice. The fretboard supposedly is rosewood, but mine is pretty dark and very smooth, not the typical grainy rosewood. Fret work is great, neck has a Charvel feel to it, the active pickups sound awesome, to me better than EMGs. They don’t have as much gain as EMGs and don’t sound as compressed as EMGs, in fact the neck one has a nice single coilish sound, which for me is great as I prefer single coils or coil-tapable pickups in the neck position. Guitar came about perfect in setup, even intonation was spot on. The hardware and build quality is excellent. It says made in China, but it doesn't feel cheap or shoddy. Very happy with it, so thanks for your post, without it I never would have even looked at a Squier.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
            Thanks for this post, It peeked my interest and I just got one arrived today for $319. I definitely agree with you, these are very nice. The fretboard supposedly is rosewood, but mine is pretty dark and very smooth, not the typical grainy rosewood. Fret work is great, neck has a Charvel feel to it, the active pickups sound awesome, to me better than EMGs. They don’t have as much gain as EMGs and don’t sound as compressed as EMGs, in fact the neck one has a nice single coilish sound, which for me is great as I prefer single coils or coil-tapable pickups in the neck position. Guitar came about perfect in setup, even intonation was spot on. The hardware and build quality is excellent. It says made in China, but it doesn't feel cheap or shoddy. Very happy with it, so thanks for your post, without it I never would have even looked at a Squier.
            enjoy

Comment

here's a pic of the guitar currently-

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxyAGy1gFBr/

Comment

Picked one up a couple weeks ago. Delighted with it!!!! At the moment my go-to guitar, sad to say it wees al over my Jackson SDXQ!

ive made some mods to mine, namely a jack on the body edge, a kill switch in the original jack socket tray, and a floyd rose 1984 reissue. Yes, I know it’s worth as much as the guitar!!! But seriously!!! VERY pleased with this guitar!

Currently own...

*PRS USA CU24 97
                *ESP E2 Horizon
                *Squier Trohman Telecaster
                *Jackson SDXQ

Comment

I've had one of these for a few months now, it's a wicked guitar. I preferred it to the Charvel that I've just swapped in the other thread I posted today: neck was about the same, pickups were better, and I think the reverse headstock looks great

Here's mine:
                  Last edited by skullfunkerry; 07-29-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I like the white headstock. Reverses are my fave, too. Like on my Nuno.
                    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Looks good. I always liked squier. I ended up buying one of the black ones with a licensed floyd and humbucker. I think its made in Indonesia. I upgraded it with a gotoh floyd and sd 59. The singles sound great, left as is. I got it used and cheap with a hard case. Great player. I also got a couple of the classic vibe teles.

Comment

Working...
                      X